Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thankful Thursday, y'all! I can't believe it's here again. The days and weeks just seem to be rolling by lately, but then that's what usually happens in the fall. There's just so much going on. 

Today I am thankful...

🎃 For another beautiful fall day. It's a little cooler than it's been (only 55*) but it's sunny, the sky is blue, and the remaining leaves are gorgeous!

🎃 I indulged in a scratch-off lottery ticket yesterday and won exactly enough to buy Colton and Leah new winter coats.

🎃 Megan starts training on her new job tomorrow.

🎃 I start training on my new job next Tuesday.

🎃 My new job has good health insurance after 60 days. Switching to that will allow me to drop the coverage on me through Tim's employer...a savings of nearly $700 a month!

🎃 The outreach committee from my church met last night. We are planning our next event...a Christmas play (written by one of our members) and a family-style dinner. I am in charge of sets for the play and table decorations for the dinner. 

Everyone works so well together and there is none of the stalling and arguing endless disscussion that I have been used to in previous churches. It's so uplifting to be a part of this body of believers.

🎃 The "rumble strips" (plastic mats with little spikes) I found on Amazon seem to be working...at least a little...to slow my maniac cat down. I have to be sure there aren't any gaps, though, because if there are he will find that small space to sit on or walk on. Mostly there are just a couple of spaces I want to teach him to stay away from so it isn't like I've covered everything.

🎃 Fresh roasted pumpkin seeds (made from the seeds out of the kids' pumpkins).

🎃 Good books that entertain and inspire me.

🎃 They are done digging in front of our house for now. The quietness is so nice!

🎃 For family and friends and all of you who make life better!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to both you and Megan on the new jobs! Yay! Nice that the road work has quieted!! Lucky lottery tickets are always nice and your winnings well-spent on new coats for the grands! I always smile through your Thursday posts!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Thankful list. I wish you and your daughter well on your new jobs! Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy. Sounds like a good week with much to be grateful for. Luck you to win a little extra with a lottery ticket - enough to bless your grands with new coats. Glad that you and your daughter both have new jobs - and it sounds like yours has decent health insurance - that's a big plus! Your church congregation sounds like a really good, Christian group! Our week out here has been cold and wet, but that's exactly what we need this time of year. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you and Megan both got new jobs! Praying all goes well for both of you. That savings on insurance will be a huge blessing! And how amazing that a scratch off ticket scored enough $$ to buy jackets for the kids! That rarely happens! LOL. I love that your church is so warm and happy and actually acts like the way God intended a church to be! Oh, I'd love to see the Christmas play and your sets, etc. What fun. I used to work with programs like that when I was younger and had more energy. I am thankful for the workers we do have in our little church who do this now. It's so good for the children to have special things to do in the church so that they enjoy being there and growing in relationship with Jesus. Thank you for sharing all your joys and blessings with us. This was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy, that is great that the new job includes health insurance. I hope the job situation works our for you and your daughter. Our senior fellowship will be serving Thanksgiving for a senior retirement home. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...