Saturday, August 8, 2026

August Happiness Challenge


So, on the whole I'm stinking at this whole challenge this year. We're eight days in and this is only my second post. I could beat myself up over it, but I've decided to cut myself some slack. I have a LOT going on right now and I deserve to be cut some slack...even by myself. I doubt I'll post something about happiness every single day, but I will post when I can or when I have something to share.

Today I have an over-abundance of things that made me happy. 

1. I slept all night!

2. I got going early and went to the yard sale a friend was having as a fundraiser for her church. I found some real bargains and got to help out the church.

3. My leg hurt, but I didn't let it stop me. I went to Target and Walmart while I was out. I was proud of me for pushing through rather than giving up and coming home.

4. I was shopping for fall items to make up a big gift basket to be raffled off at a fundraiser for a friend of ours who has pancreatic cancer. It made me happy to be able to do something to help.

5. I found an inspirational journal I'm planning to use while I go through my own little cancer adventure. One section is to record a way I rock each day...that is going to be helpful as some days are more difficult than others. I also love that it has a section each day to draw something in case it's just too hard to write anything.

6. The cherry on top of my happiness today is that Tim took me to Lowe's this afternoon to buy some of the kitchen cabinets to get started on the kitchen. We bought four cabinets today and 2 of them turned out to be on clearance sale and were only a small fraction of the listed price. Tim's going to install them next weekend. I'm off Friday for my birthday so he took that day off, too.

6 comments:

  1. Don't you DARE feel bad about not posting to this challenge daily. I am the queen around here, and my "rules" even say you don't have to post every day if you don't feel like it. You have a really cute "happy" picture, you're getting cabinets for your birthday (which is a very unique gift) and so all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, you can only take one day at a time. You have a lot on your plate right now. I think it is a good idea to journal your thoughts and feelings. I am praying for you. My birthday is this week too. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am attempting to do the happiness challenge for August too, and some days I have an overabundance of happiness, and some other days I have to stop and think a minute, but then God always sends something along to brighten my day. I pray that He will carry you through this new season of your life, and bring you little and big joys along the way. The journaling is a great idea. Also, doing something for someone else going through a difficult season is always a way to bring some inner peace and joy. We are praying for you, and we "know Who holds tomorrow". Oh, I love that you are getting some new kitchen cabinets! That's always a cause for happiness! (((HUGS))) to you with many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I wanted you to know you won the giveaway on my blog! If you could email me or message me on my blog with your email address, I will send your gift card to you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy. I love all the moments of happiness you found this week. You rock, my friend. Sending you virtual hugs! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post, Stacy! New cabinets in the kitchen for your birthday sound pretty special to me! Hopefully you will share some photos with us! Keeping you and all in my prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete

August Happiness Challenge

So, on the whole I'm stinking at this whole challenge this year. We're eight days in and this is only my second post. I could beat m...