Monday, October 5, 2026

Currently...

I am

Reading... finally coming back around to Rumors & Whiskey by Victoria Wilder.

Watching... Chronicle Mysteries on Hallmark+.

Listening... to the fan in the bedroom. We always sleep with it on, but the nights are cool enough now that I'll be turning it down to low when I go to bed.

Eating... my daughter and I had a day out today and we enjoyed lunch at Cracker Barrel. I had leftovers from mine for my dinner and I brought Tim a ham dinner.

Thinking... about things I want to get done around here in the next couple of days because my time off work is about to end. I go back to work on Friday.

Feeling... sad. My kitty, Oliver, has struggled with digestive issues as long as I have had him. I had him at the vet's a couple of years ago and they gave him some medicine that helped for a while. I also adjusted his food and water and that helped for a bit, but the problem never went totally away. In recent weeks it's gotten very bad. I've found more than one very inappropriate place he's done his business. 

Tim is not a big cat fan to begin with, but has always tolerated them for me. This has not been the case with Oliver. He has lobbied long and hard to get rid of him. I have resisted and our daughter has been in my corner. That all came to an end yesterday when Oliver climbed up into a very far back corner of the upper kitchen cabinets and deposited a most unwelcome and unpleasant "gift." Even our daughter admitted that was the breaking point. 

Oliver was miserable at the shelter so I did not want to send him back, but was going to until my daughter suggested I fix him up with a cozy shelter and food outside. I did all that and while not happy about it, Oliver seemed to settle in. He was around until I went to bed. I don't know what happened after that. Both my daughter and I have walked around outside calling for him many times today, but there's been no sign. We have a LOT of feral cats in the neighborhood and several people put out shelters and feed them. I'm hoping he decided to go to one of them.

Celebrating... a good day with my daughter. We went to a huge farm market that also sells many seasonal items for fall and Christmas. We try to get there every fall. We loaded up on fresh apples, cider, baked goods, and loads of vegetables. Nanny may have bought a few stocking stuffers for the kiddos, too.

Enjoying... watching the reactions of people (and sometimes animals) to the Halloween decorations now that they are mostly done. I've seen people snapping photos and kids running up to look at something and one dog who seriously had some issues with my granny skeleton out by the mailbox.

Thankful... my stepdad went to the ER again this weekend for shortness of breath, but it apparently wasn't even bad enough to put him on oxygen and none of the tests showed anything. They did tell him to check in with his cardiologist, but it wasn't urgent.

Praying... tomorrow's appointment gets our grandson's meds on track. He hasn't been sleeping since the last change they made two weeks ago and that means no one at their house has been sleeping much. For my mom and stepdad. Of course, I'm praying Oliver is okay.

Looking forward... Tim and I are going to Christmas In the Woods over in Columbiana, OH this Saturday.

Giggling... 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently...

I am Reading... finally coming back around to Rumors & Whiskey  by Victoria Wilder. Watching... Chronicle Mysteries  on Hallmark+. Lis...