Welcome to Sunday Stealing, the meme where the questions are stolen, but credit is given. Thanks, as always, to our hostess Bev, who finds the questions each week. If you like what you read, why not join in the fun?
Stolen from the book "If"
1. If you were to be granted one wish, what would it be? I would wish for my grandchildren to grow up healthy and happy in a world that is safe and full of opportunity.
2. If you could spend one night alone with anyone in the world who is currently alive, whom would you select? My husband. If he's not available then just send my grandchildren over.
3. If you could spend one night alone with anyone in history, whom would you choose? I've said it before and I'll say it again, Teddy Roosevelt. The man was just larger than life and lived life full-tilt enjoying it no matter where he was or what he was doing. He would have some pretty amazing tales to tell.
4. If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go? Maybe Greece. Or Italy. Or Spain. Those are the top 3 places I'd love to see.
5. If you could have lived through any war in history (without actually fighting in it), which would it be? I really don't want to live through any war, but if I have to choose...the Civil War, I guess. I'm interested in the history of that time so it might be interesting for that.
6. If you could eliminate one type of insect permanently from the earth, what would you get rid of? Ticks. Most bugs serve some purpose in nature. I can't think of one for ticks.
7. If you had to eliminate any single type of animal forever, which would you choose? Snakes! I know they serve a good purpose and it would change the world if they were gone, but yeah, don't care.
8. If you could have an elegant dinner alone with anyone presently alive, whether you know them or not, who would you want it to be? I can't think of anyone other than maybe my husband. I'm not really the elegant dinner type. I'm pretty casual and don't love being fancy-schmancy at all.
9. If you could alter one physical characteristic of your mate, what would it be? I don't know...maybe his weight, but only because it would be healthier for him, not because I have a problem with his weight.
10. If you could change one thing about your childhood, what would it be? I would have had the chance to know my birth father and half-siblings.
11. If you could have any room in the world become your bedroom, which room would you choose? Either of these would more than do!
12. If you could alter one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be? Definitely my weight.
13. If you could have stopped aging at any point in your life up to the present, how old would you wish to remain? I'm good with now. It takes us women a while to grow comfortable in our own skins and with who we are. I like this time of my life and wouldn't want to have missed it.
14. If you could suddenly possess an extraordinary talent in one of the arts, what would you like it to be? I have always wished I could sing.
15. If you could have permanent possession of any single object in the world, what would you want it to be? A beach house.