Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thankful Thursday

I'm sitting here at the end of the day enjoying a bit of television before bed and just feeling quite content. There is so much to be thankful for this week. Here are just a few of those things.

** No snow and the frost was not too heavy during the latest cold snap. We have returned to beautiful warm weather.

** The young man at the gas station who came out to help me figure out why the gas pump was not pumping. And then stayed to fill my gas can and lift it into the trunk.

** Buying Tim's wood pellet grill on Sunday and getting a discount because the display one was the only one they had (bonus, we didn't have to put it together)...then seeing on Monday that they got several more in stock.

** The first burgers of the season grilled on the new grill. Yummy!

** Watching the grandchildren's joy as they drove their Power Wheels around and around from their house to ours and back again.


** The bathroom vanity I've been waiting 3 years to find was delivered today. Sadly, that particular project, being an indoor one, will probably have to wait until fall so that outdoor projects can be done. 

** My new Orthofeet shoes were pretty comfortable after wearing them all day yesterday. It wasn't on the factory floor, which may be a different story, but any shoe that gets me through a normal day is also a good shoe (one that will get me through my one day a week on the factory floor will be a MIRACLE). Plus, I love that the shoes are super cute even if they are orthopedic.

** No news about the other position I put in for at work, but I'm okay with that. God will open that door if it's meant to be. In the meantime I am happy where I am.

** A growing work friendship with a guy in my department. Our groups are seated together a couple days a week and having someone to talk with and get silly with sure helps the time pass quickly. He has also given me valuable insights into how to deal with things at work and he is the one who recommended me for the other position. 

No worries or warnings about being friends with a man in the workplace. He is married...to a man. That is not a concern here. And we sometimes talk of deeper things so maybe I can show him that church people are not as awful as he thinks.

** One sweet client who I've only worked with once. He is non-verbal and very limited in what he can do, but I always take the time to say hello and give him a hug when I see him. Today when I said hello he reached out and grabbed my hand to pull me close then wrapped both arms around me and just squeezed me tight. I just love moments like that, when they let you know how much you mean to them. I wish I could give them all miracles.

Some of the sweet folks I work with every day.

** All the beautiful spring colors as the trees and flowers bloom. Hard on the allergies, but sooooo pretty!

** Getting the new printer set up and installed with minimal trouble.

** All of you, of course!


 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I always love your Thankful Thursday posts. Sounds like things are going well and you have much to be grateful for. That is a sweet picture of your grandkids in their Power Wheels. I am glad that your weather has warmed up and that you have a lot to look forward to. Have a nice weekend. See you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for. I have to wear Ortho shoes too. Nothing like having comfortable feet, is there?! I hope your day continues to be blessed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post so much...you have a lot going on there and much to be thankful for. I don't have ortho shoes but wear my Skechers all day long. I'm not sure how I'd be if I had to be on my feet all day, however...I may need ortho shoes in that case. Glad the weather is warming up and the kiddos are able to get outside and play more! I love their little cars! What fun!!! I am glad you enjoy your job and the people you work with. Praying that God will continue to use you to be His messenger of love to all in one way or another. "Now abide faith, hope, and love, these three...but the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love hearing about your work and how rewarding it is for you AND for the clients you serve. A lovely thankful list, Stacy, and I am thankful for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your thankful post today. That is nice that you have a friend at work that supports you. Work can be stressful, and having someone that understands makes a big difference. I hope you don't have to wait to long to get your vanity in. I just finished my thankful post. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I am... Reading: Arkangel  by James Rollins. Thrills and fast-paced action at it's finest. Rollins' tales never give you a moment t...