Sunday, September 29, 2024

Currently

Reading... I'm not. I've been in a slump for a couple of weeks. I picked up a new Christmas paperback today so hopefully I'll start that this week.

Listening... to more Doo Wop music than I care to. The gentleman I do companion work with is hyper-focused on it and an online radio station that plays it. I don't hate Doo Wop, but he never wants to listen to anything else and he listens at make your ears bleed volume.

Watching... still Hallmark movies for the most part, but I'm looking forward to watching the vice presidential debate on Tuesday.

Loving... that Oliver, my bathtub dwelling kitty, is slowly figuring out that Daisy is no longer in the house and therefore not a danger. He is coming out into the rest of the house more and more, though he still remains timid of anyone other than me.



Thinking... I really need to get off my duff and get my fall decorations out before it's time to put them away. I've never been this late getting to it before.

Feeling... m'eh. It's a really gray, dreary day that does nothing to inspire. Plus, we went to a huge fall festival with friends yesterday and we walked and walked and WALKED. I don't feel too bad, but Tim, who had just had his first cardio therapy session Friday (it kicked his butt) and then did yesterday, is hurting a good bit today and just lying on the sofa.

Celebrating... nothing much here at home. Oct. 2 is our son's birthday, but since nothing has changed there... At work the big bingo fundraiser is this coming Saturday so there's excitement about it. Also, we have a huge Halloween party/talent show every year and it falls on my department to decorate, plan and execute it all. The consumers are already into the Halloween spirit and I'm kind of fueling it with themed crafts, movies, and such.

Grateful... we had a good day with our friends at the festival yesterday. They've been asking us to go for probably 20 years, but Tim was always working. It was very nice in spite of being chilly and wet. Lots of good food, plenty of crafts and other vendors. I bought two big bags full of stuff and a new noodle board for the stove. I also got a big, snuggly Hocus Pocus sweatshirt for myself. But the biggest thing...we were physically able to do it. We were hurting a lot by the end, but we did it. Tim admitted he was worried if I'd be able to walk that much before we went. Our friends were in the same boat...actually the wife was in way worse shape than the rest of us. I was worried about her.

It was rainy, chilly, and windy when we first got to the 
festival. These cute little piggies were trying to keep warm
by snuggling up to their Highland cow buddy.

Enjoying... all my favorite fall flavors, the return of savory dishes, the smells, and yes, even that it's getting dark earlier.

When fall rolls around, the Eat'n Park Smile
cookies become monster smiles. The kiddos
enjoy Frankenstein cookies after dinner.

Making me laugh...



















1 comment:

  1. Hi Stacy. The festival sounds lots of fun. I am glad that Tim is doing better. The memes at the end made me smile. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Currently

Reading... I'm not. I've been in a slump for a couple of weeks. I picked up a new Christmas paperback today so hopefully I'll s...