First of all, thank you to all who are praying. I appreciate it, and you, so very much.
Things continue to move along and line up. Today my CT-scan was scheduled for Monday, August 10. It will be done with both IV contrast and oral contrast (yuk!). I also learned I have to ask my PCP to send an order for blood work to test kidney function before the CT-scan.
At work, I was able to touch base with HR and have the forms to fill out for my second Family Medical Leave of Absence (FMLA) of the year. I still have 10 weeks available on my first one, but that was to help my daughter and can only be used for that. This one will be for me. I won't be paid while I'm off, but it holds my job and allows me to continue my health insurance for $50/month.
Word is beginning to get out and I've heard from a few people today. One, a big surprise. Surreal still describes how it feels.
It sounds like both HR and your healthcare team have been pretty available to you. That's good news, because you don't need administrative hurdles right now, do you? Thanks for keeping us posted.
ReplyDeleteI hope that things continue to go well as you begin this journey. Prayers continue. Keep your friends in blogland posted as much as you can.
ReplyDeletePrayers continue, Stacy. Thanks for keeping your friends here in the loop. I only wish I lived closer and could help more. xo
ReplyDeletePrayers and love, my friend.
ReplyDelete