Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Currently...

I am

Reading... still working on that Nora Roberts double feature. I haven't been in the mood to read like I thought I would be while I'm off work.

Watching... yet another Hallmark movie. This time it's Texas Two-Step. It's not bad. Mostly I've been working my way through all of their mystery series.

Listening... to the country soundtrack of the above mentioned movie, the hum of the AC (it's going to be a hot one), and the click of the laptop keys as I type.

Eating... it was cantaloupe for breakfast today. We drove up the mountain on Monday to shop at a Mennonite market and came home with lots of goodies...fresh produce and goodies like pumpkin spice fudge.

Thinking... about what to do with the rest of the day. I'm thinking I'll wash dishes, try to do a load or two of laundry (I can't carry a basket so I have to take two or three items to the washer and go back for two or three more until I have a load), and maybe work on some more diamond art for the craft show in November (maybe I'll work on bookmarks).

Feeling... pretty good for being slightly less than two weeks past surgery. I'm moving more and getting out a little here and there. There's just a little discomfort now and then. Unless I sneeze, cough, or we hit a pothole while in the car. All of that still makes me feel like my guts might explode out.

Celebrating... the all clear from my doctor. The tests showed no spread of the cancer and the tumor was at an earlier stage than they thought so no chemo or radiation. I just have to get checkups for the next 5 years. 

Enjoying... having unlimited time to work on crafts, relax, read...do whatever I want.

Thankful... for the big manilla envelope full of "get well" and "we miss you" cards and drawings from the clients at work that came in yesterday's mail. It was so sweet and made my day.

Praying... for our daughter. She is having health issues again, but maybe, just maybe someone is going to listen to her about her feelings that she has a hormonal imbalance. That alone could account for a lot of the things she suffers with. Also keeping our friend, Dave, in prayer. He has colon cancer before (and a lot of other problems), but now he has pancreatic cancer. His wife told me last week that one of his doctors said it is stage 4/terminal. God can and does still work miracles so there is still hope. As a friend put it a long time ago, "As long as there is breath in the body, there is still room for hope."

Giggling...























2 comments:

  1. Stealing the fuzzy toilet seat meme, Stacy. Make me laugh out loud!! I'm so happy for your news. Prayer lifted for your friend, Dave, and for your daughter... and still praying for your healing!! Sending a hug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unless I sneeze, cough, or we hit a pothole while in the car. All of that still makes me feel like my guts might explode out." I smiled when I read that, because it so perfectly captures that post-op feeling! Every once in a while, as I was healing, I'd say to myself, "Of course you're uncomfortable! Two grown men had their hands literally inside of you." I'm so glad you got such good news from the doctors, and pay someone really hears your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I am Reading... still working on that Nora Roberts double feature. I haven't been in the mood to read like I thought I would be while I...