1) In this song, Lee Dorsey sings that at 5:00 he's already on the job. What were you doing this morning at 5:00 AM? I'm answering on Friday evening and since I am currently on a 6-week leave of absence from work, I was sleeping.
2) He's worked so hard all week that he's too tired to enjoy his weekend. What are you doing for fun this holiday weekend? Nothing special as I'm not allowed to drive, lift anything heavy-ish, stand for too long, sit for too long, push anything, pull anythihng, etc. I'll probably finally drag out the crafts I've promised myself I'd work on while I'm off work. (Don't worry. If they are heavy I'll have someone else doing the actual dragging.)
3) Lee Dorsey was raised in Portland Oregon, home of the Portland Trailblazers. The NBA season kicks off next month. Do you have a favorite basketball team? Nope
2) He's worked so hard all week that he's too tired to enjoy his weekend. What are you doing for fun this holiday weekend? Nothing special as I'm not allowed to drive, lift anything heavy-ish, stand for too long, sit for too long, push anything, pull anythihng, etc. I'll probably finally drag out the crafts I've promised myself I'd work on while I'm off work. (Don't worry. If they are heavy I'll have someone else doing the actual dragging.)
3) Lee Dorsey was raised in Portland Oregon, home of the Portland Trailblazers. The NBA season kicks off next month. Do you have a favorite basketball team? Nope
4) This song was written by Allen Toussaint, who had a long career as a composer and producer. He produced Fats Domino in the late 1950s and worked with Elvis Costello and Paul McCartney into the new millennium. What job have you held the longest? School bus driver. I did that for 16 years while my kids were in school and beyond.
5) In 1966, the year this song was popular, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsey was born. Are you a good cook? When I want to be. Lately I've been more of a lazy cook.
6) 1966 was the year when more Americans purchased color TVs and black and white sets. When you were a kid, did your family have a black and white TV? I remember us having a black and white TV when I was small. If I take a guess, I'd say we got a color TV (one of those big consol jobs) around 1973.
7) Labor Day is a big weekend for mattress sales. Do you plan on buying a new mattress before the year is out? No, we just bought one 2 years ago.
9) Labor Day weekend is the unofficial beginning of fall. Have you had any pumpkin spice yet? It's like you don't even know me. Of course I've had pumpkin spice. Several times. Donuts, pancakes, bread, ice cream...
Thanks to Crazy Sam for the music and questions. You can play along here.

No comments:
Post a Comment