Monday, September 28, 2026

Currently...

The weather is a cool 61 degrees...and it's raining. Again. Thankfully, it's a light rain and not another of the downpours that have been the norm this year. We've had a couple of nights in the low 40's. That's a bit chilly for sleeping with the fan on, which we do every night year round. The furnace did kick on those mornings. I kinda love it. Fall is finally in the air.

As far as reading goes, I'm still working on The Cozy Nook Bookshop. I got a good bit of it read today while sitting at the hospital. I took my mom in to have a massive kidney stone broken up and had nothing but time to kill. She's doing well, though the oxy they gave her may have something to do with how chipper she was.

The television is playing a lot of the Hallmark Signed, Sealed, Delivered movies. They are so good. 

We met friends for dinner at a local Italian restaurant yesterday. Back in the day it was THE place for teenagers to go on the weekend for pizza. Lots of memories there and they are currently celebrating their 50th anniversary. Unfortunately, the food isn't what it used to be. I ordered the Italian sampler and wasn't able to finish it so I had the leftovers for dinner tonight. Our daughter made the Pioneer Woman's apple dumplings today and we had those for dessert.

We started putting up the Halloween decorations over the weekend. Well, I did with some help from our daughter's family. Between the weather and other things going on, we didn't get as far as I'd hoped. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I hope to get some more done during the day...at least the things that don't require lifting, pushing or pulling. I did take a few pictures of what we did get done.





As you can see, still lots of work to do.

I'm feeling pretty good these days with the exception of a horrible yeast infection in my belly button. It's probably my own fault for being a bit timid about cleaning and drying it completely since there's an incision in it. Now that it's taken root, it is really holding on. I've got prescription cream and an antifungal powder, but by afternoon it flares up again and is rather unpleasant. I hope it clears up soon.

Our daughter is taking my mom and stepdad to one of his appointments tomorrow since Mom doesn't think she's up to driving and neither she nor I can push a wheelchair at the moment. It all works out, though, and I'll be getting the kids off the school bus.

This Saturday is my employer's big fundraiser event...a bingo and basket bash. I'm looking forward to going and seeing everyone, plus it will mark one week to go until I return to work. It's crazy how fast these weeks have flown by. I really thought they'd drag.

I'm thankful Mom's procedure went well and that our daughter can step up tomorrow to help out. I'm thankful for the help with the Halloween decorations. I'm thankful Tim took my car tonight and put air in the tires (the low air signal came on with the cooler temps) and fill the tank.

I'm giggling at...



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently...

The weather is a cool 61 degrees...and it's raining. Again. Thankfully, it's a light rain and not another of the downpours that have...