Yesterday marked three weeks since my surgery. I can say that my recovery hasn't been too bad. I still have a bit of discomfort here and there and too much activity wears me out, but I am improving and I am getting out of the house more and more. I'm still working diligently on crafts, though.
On Wednesday I drove my daughter to Pittsburgh for her appointment at the women's hospital. We were out from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for that. She didn't get any instant answers, but they listened to her, really listened. That experience alone made it worth the trip and left her in tears. She has been brushed off and poo-pooed for so long. In short, they believe it is possible a hormonal imbalance could be at the root of many of her problems and are looking into. The doctor said it will not be an instant fix, but she believes they can help her. She had blood work done before we left and from what she can understand of the posted results it seems to show some hormonal things are out of whack.
Yesterday I drove to Walmart to pick up a few things we needed and was so happy to be out and about that I spent an hour browsing around the store. It proved to be a bit much and wiped me out for the rest of the afternoon.
Today my daughter wanted to escaped home for a while (her dog got sprayed by a skunk for the third time this year...and after a bath went right out and rolled in the grass where the skunk had sprayed so she needed another bath). I got talked into driving us to the Goodwill Outlet about 45 minutes from us. We didn't find much (some days are better than others there). We had lunch at the Raising Cane's next to Goodwill.
All in all, I feel like I'm moving in the right direction. I guess Tuesday will tell. That's when I go back to Pittsburgh for my follow-up appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment