Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Not everyone loves clowns. "Coulrophobia" is the irrational fear of clowns. Do you have any fears or phobias? The main ones, the "biggies," are snakes and sharks.
2) This week's featured artist, Gary Lewis, sings that he jokes a lot at parties. In social settings, are you more a talker or a listener? It very much depends on the setting and who the people around me are. I can be very social and talk a good bit if I'm comfortable with those around me. It also depends on the topic of conversation. If someone is saying something interesting, I will be quiet and soak it in.
3) He's dreaming of a special girl. Do you often daydream? Not so much these days. I used to do a great deal of daydreaming when I was young.
4) Gary named his band The Playboys because they were always late to rehearsals and Gary joked that they would rather play than work. Do you tend to be early, late, or exactly on time? I was raised to be early, but as I've aged and lived with those who run late, I've come to run a few minutes late most of the time. Work would be the big exception. I am always early for that.
5) Gary Lewis had first-hand knowledge of clowns. His father was famous funny man Jerry Lewis. Who always makes you laugh? Always? Mmmm....maybe Jeff Dunham.
6) In 2017, Gary was in the news when it became known that Jerry disinherited all six of his sons from his will. Have you ever attended the reading of a will? I was there when my grandfather's will was read
7) This past summer found Gary Lewis on The My Generation Tour, performing with other acts from the mid-1960s, like The Lovin' Spoonful, The Hollies, and Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Do you enjoy listening to "the oldies?" I do. I like all kinds of music.
8) In 1965, when this song was popular, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston to become the heavyweight champion of the world. Have you ever attended a boxing match? No
9) Random question: What color is your toothbrush? Blue

No comments:
Post a Comment