Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thankful Thursday


It's Thankful Thursday so you know I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand to share the good things I've been blessed by this week.
 

And those things are...

** My feet haven't been hurting that much lately. If you suffer from foot pain you know this is huge.

** I picked up another tea cup at Goodwill today. I've been collecting them for over a year. My friend, Fran, and I want to have a tea party for our friends and I thought having one of a kind cups and saucers at each place that the guests can take home would be a fun idea. Here are a few of them.

Today's Sweet Find






That's Jasper in the background checking out
the tea cups. Do you think he'd
enjoy a tea party?




** The grass needs mowed! Hey, it's a sign that warm weather will soon be here to stay.

** My hubby's sweet thoughtfulness in all the little things he does for me.

** Lunch with a friend today. I haven't seen her in a while.

** A wonderful Easter with family. The kids got way too much between their parents, two sets of grandparents, great-grandma's, and even Sarah's mother's family brought baskets for Colton and Leah!



And, as usual, we cooked like we were feeding the army. We had ham, corn spoonbread, the funeral potatoes Megan insists we always have, potato salad, coleslaw, pickled beets and pickled eggs, deviled eggs, taco salad and cupcakes, apricot and poppyseed rolls for dessert.


** Really stupid jokes and puns that play on words that make me laugh ridiculously hard.
Q. What generation does Forrest Gump belong to? Gen X, Gen Y...

A. None of those. He belongs to Gen E (Jenny). 

** Everything is working out well for Sarah so far. Mom is moving back to the area this weekend and will be taking over as the main caregiver with help from Megan and Cody, Cody's parents, and her dad. Sarah's father's family will still get to see her. That's what they were concerned about more than anything. In return they are willing to help out with babysitting and getting Sarah places. Cody's mom took the money Nick had in the bank, the checks from the Seneca tribe, and money that people have donated and started a bank account that only she (and Sarah when she's an adult) can access so there's no chance the mom can touch it. Pray Mom keeps up her end of the deal, gets a job, and steps up as a full-time parent, but so far, so good.

** All of you and your friendship, your prayers and support, your advice, and your stories, photos and comments that make me smile and laugh or think or cry.  


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. So good to hear that Sarah's mom is stepping up to do what moms should do. I love your tea cup collection. Have a fun lunch with your friend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHH I collect tea cups too...and I am wondering if they will make the moving company trip--don't get me going. Keeping Sarah in prayer...I sure would like to give her a big hug (and you guys as well, smiles.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I forgot, I have arthritis in my feet and hands...I so get the pain you're talking about. But since we have been here in Florida, the pain isn't as bad and...oh it still hurts, but not like bad bad like it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss my dad so much at Easter - he always made sure we got together for a lunch... siince he's been gone, we dont do anything. Oh my heart.
    Love the tea cup sets. Like a glimpse in the past.
    Me & Hubby both have Plantar Fasciitis so I cringe hearing feet pain. Its just AWFUL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I collect tea cups too! Well I use to and have around 12. I think I need to host a tea party. Your dishes are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the tea cups and saucers, especially the one with the little bird(s). I would collect them if I had the room.
    I pray the little girl gets the loving parenting and she grows up strong in Christ.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad it is working our okay for sweet little Sarah. Easter dinner looks and sounds delicious! Funeral potatoes are SO good! The tea cups are lovely and your idea for a ladies' tea and giving the cups away is brilliant! Keep us posted about how that goes, please! Have a great Friday and weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...