Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Currently...

The Weather

Sunny and cold, but temps are predicted to warm up to 55*.

It's a big improvement over yesterday's snow and sleet.

Listening

To my annoying cat swat things off the kitchen island.

Reading

Kingdom of Bones, James Rollins' book that came out yesterday.

Thankful

That, so far, it seems little Sarah's mother and her mother's 

father are going to step up and take care of her as they should 

have been all along. They are being nice and they are making 

sure her late father's family gets to see her. That's a 

good thing. She needs stability and our daughter 

and son-in-law don't need the stress of trying to raise her.

Thinking

About the results of yesterday's bloodwork. It wasn't pretty. 

While myoverall cholesterol was good, my good cholesterol 

was down and my triglycerides were up. There was also 

something off in what they look for to see how the kidneys are 

doing. Yikes! Alrighty, then... must eat healthier, must get moving, 

must (at the least) cut waaaay back on Diet Coke and drink 

more water. Off to a good start this morning with exercise, 

a bottle of water, and a decent breakfast...and NO COKE.

It's only 9:00, though, so keep me in your prayers. LOL

Feeling

Happy. It's amazing what a good night's sleep and some sunshine

will do for a person's outlook on life.

Celebrating

Today is my stepdad's birthday. He is 81.

Tomorrow is his and Mom's anniversary.

We had cupcakes on Easter to celebrate so today I will deliver

cards and gift cards for both occasions as I have a busy day tomorrow.

A Quote



Yes, there is. Make it your mission to find it today!

10 comments:

  1. Wishing your stepdad, a Happy Birthday and your mom and him a Happy Anniversary! ---I have been trying to lay off the pop, but it been so hot here (ducking, grin). I hope it can get figured out, Stacy. Have a beautiful day...oh and I won't tell you the temp here, LOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut back today, but I didn't cut it out. I can't imagine a world without at least one Diet Coke a day in it.

      Delete
  2. So true...we should always look for the good each day. It's warming up here today too. Supposed to hit 61.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sugary soda pop's are pure poison. I haven't had one, gosh, for over 15 years.
    I hope you find the proper way to eat that easy to live with.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had the willpower to give up pop, but I do not. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back to the diet doctor. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. So glad Sarah's mother is stepping up
    Thank goodness for blood work to give us those nudges to get back on track.
    Happy ALL THE CELEBRATIONS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news about Sarah's mom and grandpa. Good news. Keep us posted on your progress to better numbers in your next lab work. I am trying to get some of my pandemic pounds off right now by dropping carbs. Hate it. Hate it. Happy birthday and anniversary to your folks! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should cut the carbs, too, but I can't imagine I'd stick with it very well. I am the worst when it comes to willpower. Good for you, though! You can do it!

      Delete
  6. How often to you have bloodwork done? I get mine done twice a year or so. I've had some funky kidney results, too, but they fluctuate. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave up sodas over 10 years ago. It is bad for osteoporosis. I like to drink water with fresh fruit. I buy frozen mango and add other fruit like strawberries and apples. I let it sit a bit and enjoy the water and eventually eat all the fruit. Good news about Sara and HB to your step dad!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...