Monday, May 2, 2022

Currently

The Scene: It's 1:44 on Monday afternoon and I am changing up my prompts a bit this week, borrowing a few from Linda because I like hers and I get tired of the same old ones week after week. It's cool, in the low 60's, breezy and cloudy...but definitely better than yesterday's nearly all day rain and thunderstorms.

The weekend: I took Colton and Leah to a mission's event at the church Saturday evening. They enjoyed parts of it, but it wasn't quite as kid friendly as it was put out to be...and there weren't any other little ones around for them to hang out with. I enjoyed it, anyway. It was really interesting to learn all about Indonesia through stories, pictures, sounds, tastes, and smells. The kiddos spent the night afterward. Poor Colt is already on antibiotics for an ear infection, but he obviously wasn't feeling great. I hope he isn't coming down with something else. Pappy made pancakes for breakfast and they went home around 11:00. It was too late for me to go to church so we just had a quiet afternoon watching movies while listening to the rain. My small group met last night and everyone was there for the first time in a good while. I'm glad. We only have two more weeks to meet before stopping for the summer.

Today's Plan: Well, most of it's been accomplished. I had to go to the bank to find out why I haven't received my new debit card because, hello, the old one expired on Saturday. The answer appears to be that it's lost in the mail because their records say it was mailed on April 3. I don't know if I buy that it's the post office's fault. The last time I got a new card they had to issue it THREE times before they issued it in my name rather than Tim's. So, long story short, I have a temporary card and a new card has been ordered. I hope it comes before the temporary one expires in 30 days.

From the bank I went to Walmart to pick up one of Tim's prescription refills that they couldn't get done before we were done shopping the other day. I also got some everyday t-shirts and leggings.

Leah is here while Megan gets Colton from school and when they get back we're going to take a walk around the neighborhood. I want to start walking on a regular basis to help with my weight loss goals.

Supper's going to be a quick throw-together of pierogies with onions and the maple sausage meatballs I found at Aldi's.

Drinking: At the moment a diet Coke, but I'm drinking more water and also Crystal Light peach iced tea.

Listening to: Leah is watching Frozen, so....Do You Want to Build a Snowman? Also, Leah is singing along. I posted a video on Facebook for those of you are FB friends. I'd post it hear but I have no idea how to do that.

Watching: Tim and I haven't really settled on a new show to binge. We did watch a Netflix original movie yesterday, The Bubble. Oh my, it was very funny, irreverent and off the wall. It's about a group of actors making a movie at the beginning of the pandemic. To keep everyone covid-free, the entire cast and crew is sequestered in a hotel. The first 14 days they are all in quarantine, locked into their individual rooms. They are stir-crazy by the time they are allowed out and as you can imagine with all those personalities jammed together with no escape, life gets rather interesting.


7 comments:

  1. The mail has gotten so bad lately. Dealing in a job that gets checks in the mail, some of them come in nearly a month after the postmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. It's breezy and cloudy here today as well. We have had an incredibly wet and cool spring so far. I'm not complaining. Everything is much greener than usual. Good for you for starting a walking program. I am totally addicted to taking a walk every day, usually with Charly. I hope you got all of your errands accomplished today. I always enjoy your "Currently" posts. Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your "currently" post, Stacy. I want to check out that movie you mentioned. Sounds funny! I started streaming Monk. Never watched it before. I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tim's tradition of Sunday pancake breakfast! How do you make yourself get out there and walk? I've been 'fixing to' for 2 months now. Maybe after tonight's round of AI, I can talk Tom into watching that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that your church had a missions conference, and apparently the missionaries were from Indonesia? I remember those each year, it was the highlight of the year in a C&MA church. Apparently it must still be. I'm sorry it wasn't more kid friendly for your kiddos. Our kids enjoyed them, but they may have been a more elementary age. I remember one missionary dressing up our son in a costume from their country. I think it was Indonesia. I may have a picture somewhere. I wonder who your missionaries were. Of course, it's been many years since we were in the Alliance, and so I am out of touch with the current missionaries, but we used to pray for them by name in our WMPF meetings and prayer meetings, and had many postcards with their pictures to remind us to pray. I miss that. I always enjoyed their stories, and of course their "slide shows". We wanted to go to the mission field at one time, and when we went through a lot of discussion, prayer, application, etc., God said, "No, I want you to stay here at home. I have work for you to do here as well." and so we did. It's not meant for everyone....just those who are called to it. It's a very difficult job...but so was the pastorate. Anyway, I guess I rambled on too much. Brought back such memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about that---fat fingers and all. LOL---Pancakes, someone say pancakes? grin---we were pleasantly surprised when we moved here that our bank (credit union) printed our debit cards right away, wow, shocking. Thanks for the shoutout, grin. I hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

1. Who is your best friend and why? I am not really a "best friends" kind of person at this point in life. I have a few close fri...