Saturday, July 15, 2023

Sunday Stealing

1. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
  1. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and my whole life is filtered through that.
  2. I found my calling late in life, but it is working with and caring for those with intellectual disabilities...be it from birth, accident, or dementia.
  3. I have been accused of viewing life through rose colored glasses, but the truth is I just prefer to focus on the positives in life.

2. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?  After seeing JAWS, I was afraid for years to let my hands or feet hang over the edge of the bed because, yeah, a shark was going to swim out from under the bed and bite it off. I didn't like swimming in pools at night for the same reason.

3. Thinking of school classes, which were your favorite and least favorite?  All of the many English, literature, or writing classes I took were my favorites. Any and all math classes were my least favorites.

4. What is your favorite fast food?  I'm not crazy about fast food, but Taco Bell has a couple of things I like and Arby's makes a good BLT.

5. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?




6. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?  No.

7. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?  I think there's mostly an ebb and flow. Something that wasn't great gets better and something that was good may worsen. Life is like that.

8.What arts and crafts have you tried and decided you were bad at?  Knitting. I am the worst.

9. What is the truest thing that you know?  No matter how it may seem to us, God is in control and Jesus is coming back one day.

10. Are you more of a giver or a taker?  I try to be a giver, but I'm sure I take at times, too. I hope there's more giving, though.

11. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?  I try to.

12. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?  I've had kidney stones and gall stones. I battle arthritis pain daily. None of those are fun, but I think I'd take any of them over the pain of an abscessed tooth that ruptured.

13. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?  Our son choosing to cut himself and his family off from, not only us, but every relative he has.

14. What is your favorite line from a movie?  




15. Can you eat with chopsticks?  Yes.


Thanks goes out to Bev for finding the questions. You can join in the fun here.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I also like my English classes best. History classes were a favorite too. Anything to do with math - my least favorite classes. Yes, the pain of having you adult child cut off you off is really rough. You know that I also know that pain. Conservative podcaster Dennis Prager did a column and podcast this week on this very topic. Apparently, you and I are NOT alone in this pain. Here is a link if you want to read the column or listen to the podcast. It doesn't lessen the pain, but at least you know you aren't alone. https://dennisprager.com/column/a-pandemic-of-cruelty/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I will look that up. I've read several books that don't really help, but it does offer some comfort knowing that you aren't alone, that it isn't you, that it's something broken in our world.

      Delete
  2. We don't live in Eden anymore and so we go through very painful and awful things. Only God can heal things like that kind of pain. I think you chose a wonderful song for how you feel right now! You will be in my prayers. I so wish I could give you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even think about my arthritis, it's so much a part of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the 3rd description of yourself: I also choose to see the positive in everything: its better to deal with adversities that way. Btw: I also work with people with developmental disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People with ID are just the best, aren't they?

      Delete
  5. I don't knit well either. I gave it a shot, and then I gave up. I also was not truthful in the question about favorite classes. I said my math classes were. They were not, but the teacher was my favorite teacher and she reads my blog. The last time we had that question she was upset that I didn't say math was my favorite. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these years later and she still got that upset?

      Delete
  6. I totally forgot about knitting. In spite of repeated attempts, it never took. #13? My (formerly) favorite granddaughter has chosen to cut us off from her life. No thank-you's for Christmas or baby shower gifts, nuthin. I'm not even "allowed" to see photographs of her new baby, altho' her husband has published some on Instagram. Weird being punished for reasons totally unknown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra, read the link Deb left me above. It's about why adult kids choose to estrange themselves from their parents/families. It doesn't offer any solutions, just some insights.

      Delete
  7. It took me MANY attempts to learn to knit. When it finally clicked, it was as if I had been knitting my whole life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that would happen to me. I've tried. I so want to knit. It seems so relaxing, but even with "remedial" lessons from the older ladies I used to work with...I stunk.

      Delete
  8. Knitting... can't do it. Some tough questions today. Wishing you a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading your answers, Stacy. I used to be able to knit some, but not so much any more. Crocheting is easier. Here's one of my favorite movie lines. “The man may be the head of the household. But the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head whichever way she pleases.”
    ― Nia Vardalos, My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Stacy, I enjoyed reading this post. Math was my worse subject and kept me from going into medicine like I wanted too. I am beginning to have more arthritis issues. I had an abscessed wisdom tooth, and it was the worse. I like your positive attitude too. I am glad you are in a job that you like and you are gifted for. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...