Monday, July 25, 2022

Currently...

The Weather - It's close to 80 degrees at 7:00 A.M. and the humidity is a suffocating 86%. The sky is cloudy and dark. Thunderstorms are in the forecast.

Feeling - M'eh. While I think I've turned the corner on Covid, I am not at full power. It takes very little activity to make me feel overheated and exhausted. My chest feels a bit heavy this morning, but that may just be the humidity talking. I don't breathe easy in high humidity at the best of times.

Listening To - The morning news (sort of) and the never ending hum of the a/c.

Watching - TV. So much TV. I spent one day watching nothing but House Hunters in all it's reincarnations. I've watched quite a few documentaries, the new season of Virgin River (which just came out last Wednesday), a few really dumb shows, and I'm currently working my way through Arrested Development since I missed the boat when it originally aired.

Celebrating - Today is our daughter's 30th birthday and Friday is granddaughter, Leah's 3rd birthday.

Reading - The Cat Who Blew the Whistle by Lilian Jackson Braun. It's an oldie, but a goodie. I had thought I'd read all the books in the series (there are around 20, I think), but I found this one at the used book sale and it didn't sound familiar at all. Sadly, with all this time off, my concentration isn't where it should be and I'm having a hard time reading for very long.

Thinking About - Work. Specifically what to do about it. My employer wants me to come get tested on Wednesday and as long as I'm negative, get back to work. I really don't think I'm going to be up to it. If it was a less physical job, maybe, but I am definitely not up to moving 100+ pounds of dead weight.

(Woohoo! The rain is here along with BIG thunder booms.)

Grateful - Tim has a doctor's appointment tonight. He was sick before I was and he is not getting better. Did he have Covid? Probably, but we don't know for sure because he refuses to get tested or admit it might be Covid. I am worried he may have bronchitis or pneumonia at this point.

Cooking - Hahahahaha!

Public Service Announcement -



8 comments:

  1. Stacy, I sure do hope you recover the rest of the way very quickly. Glad your husband is going to the doctor. Take care both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself--and I hope Tim sees sense and gets some care, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy, even though you test negative, you might not be ready to work. Good that your hubby goes to the doctor. My son got pneumonia when he had Covid. Enjoy the rain! Send some our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know you had COVID - UGH! Hope you recover fully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care of yourself, first. Don't go to work if you aren't up to it. You have a physically AND mentally challenging jog. Prayers & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely take my time in getting completely well before going back to work. This sickness has a way of hanging on and especially zapping strength and energy. Praying also for your hubby. I know you need to work, etc., but your health is the most important thing. Happy Birthday to your Megan and also to Leah!! Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy. I hope you continue to feel better. I think your employer should be more understanding. My sister got Covid after being vaccinated and boosted and she was hit so hard that she was off work for 15 days! Take it easy and get better, my friend. I hope that Tim's doctor can figure out what is going on with him and that he gets better soon. Have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, my friend. And you are right. Covid takes it right out of you. And if you are like me, it takes a long time to get back to normal. Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...