Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Sending (((hugs))) and prayers out to our regular Thankful Thursday host, Rebecca Jo, and hoping that she gets some answers and relief from her pain during her blogging break. Also, tons of thanks to Jen for being the torchbearer and keeping Thankful Thursday alive. 

This week I am thankful...

** It seems like maybe I have finally turned the corner on Covid. I can't say I feel totally like my old self yet, but I do feel better, rather than worse.

** Colton's Covid doesn't seem to be getting him down at all.

** The township has finally begun working on the drainage issues in the neighborhood.

** The Poodle has NOT barked non-stop at the township work crew. I really thought she would.

** The steroids are getting Tim over his cough. There was already a huge difference yesterday.

** Cool, rainy summer days. Since I have been stuck at home in quarantine, I can appreciate it. I used to love the odd rainy day when my kids were at home. We'd use it as an excuse for a movie afternoon and have wonderful times together.

** My mom checks on me every day and brought me juice when I had such a bad taste in my mouth.

** The awful taste left behind by the Paxlovid (antiviral) went away as soon as I finished taking it.

** My sweet friend took time out of her busy schedule to bring us our favorite soup from Olive Garden and lots of yummy breadsticks.

** No one outside of us and Megan's family have gotten sick.

** God gave me the wisdom and courage to know that the job at the nursing home wasn't going to be the fit I had thought it was, and to walk away.

** New seasons of several shows, Shark Week, and plenty of good books to pass the time at home while I've not felt my best.

** God loves me, is patient with me, forgives me when I mess up, and shows me mercies I don't deserve.

** My husband, my children and grandchildren, and all of my family who add so much to my life.

** For each of you who visit, leave comments, share a laugh, encourage, commiserate, and all that you bring to our online friendship.


Blessings to you today and every day!

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad you're feeling better since you've had Covid and that the others didn't get it! It's hard to come back from, depending on how bad it was for you. We've had it twice and both times it just took a while to feel better and to have energy again. I'm always glad for a light at the end of a tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. I am so glad to hear that you feel that you have turned the corner on Covid. I am sure you will be able to find another job that will work out better. I am also glad to hear that Tim is starting to feel better. I hope you all have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you and your husband are feeling better. That's a good friend who brought you Olive Garden Soup and bread sticks. I love their soup! I enjoyed reading your list. It's always and encouragement and also a reminder to just be thankful. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful list of blessings!! I'm glad you are feeling better...and hopefully, you will be 100 percent soon! Yeah for OG breadsticks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear you are feeling better. I love your list of tankful's. Blessings.
    Visiting from Thankful Thursday #6

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy you are feeling better, Stacy. Praise God. So much to be thankful for, indeed. I always enjoy this post!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, good for you for walking away from a bad fit. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry the job didn't work out, but why stay where you're unhappy? I'm fascinated by your covid journey, because I had it back in 11/20, before the vax or antiviral. I still experience certain smells and tastes differently (like citrus). I'll be curious to hear if your meds mitigated that for. And now I want Olive Garden breadsticks.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...