Sunday, October 30, 2022

Currently...

The weather...at 9:30 p.m. is a balmy (for October 30) 55 degrees. Rain is on the way this week, but temperatures are expected to remain in the 60's during the daylight hours.

I am

Reading...The Patron Saint of Second Chances by Christine Simon. The self-appointed mayor of a small Italian town needs to raise a lot of money fast to fix the town's pipes. If he can't the water will be turned off and all the residents will have to leave. 

In order to boost tourism and raise money, he starts a rumor that a big movie star is going to be filming his next movie nearby. The rumor takes on a life of its own and the whole town goes crazy. So, what happens when the move star doesn't show up? Or if he does?

Finished reading...The Messy Lives of Book People by Phaedra Patrick. I gave the book 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and the feelings the main character, Olivia Green, experienced rang true with me. I could identify with her struggles with an empty nest and figuring out what she wanted next in life.

Loving...the sectional I bought at an auction on Saturday and can't wait to pick up the oak table and chairs tomorrow that I bought at the same sale.


Still loving...the beauty of the Asian Lantern Festival at the Pittsburgh Zoo. I rode along with my daughter's family Saturday evening. The whole zoo was filled with lanterns. It took us an hour and a half to walk through. Since Saturday was also our trick-or-treat day, the kiddos were really tired and kind of cranky. They were asleep within minutes of getting back in the car.





And one bonus shot of Colton, Leah, and their cousin, Sarah, dressed up for Halloween.


Celebrating...
that while taking out the old sofas and bringing in the one I bought, I decided the large 8 x 11 rug in the living room needed to go, too. It was old, had taken a beating, and totally didn't match the new sofa. Underneath the rug, clear in the middle of it...I FOUND MY WEDDING RING!!! It's been months since Jasper stole it. How it made it that far in under the rug I will never know, but I am so glad it is finally back on my finger.

Thinking about...rejoining the working world on Tuesday. Still a bit worried about pain and being on my feet on concrete all day, but we have to do what we have to do. It's too good of a job to pass up.

Thankful for...a lovely weekend, time with my mom, time with my daughter's whole family, fun things to do, and great bargains scored.

Have a blessed and happy week, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I love the sofa. Can't wait to see pictures of the other furniture you bought at the auction. Wow, that is so great that you found your wedding ring! I am going to look for both of those book you are reading - they sound good. Good luck with the new job. The Asian Lantern festival looks beautiful. Your grands are so cute in their Halloween costumes. I hope you can find some shoes you like. Try Slo-Man shoes on Amazon. They are quite comfortable and don't cost a lot. I have several pair that I really like and I deal with foot pain too. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the table and chairs today. I need to do a little work on the top, but until I have time I've just put a tablecloth on it. Thanks for the tip on the shoes. I will have to check them out.

      Delete
  2. I love your sectional! It goes perfectly in that space. And finding your ring must have been the icing on the cake!!! Good luck with the new job. You will do great. Love the cute Trick-or-Treaters. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, finding my ring was definitely the icing on the cake! I had given up hope at this point.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for finding your wedding ring!!!!! I read the Patron Saint and thought it was charming and delightful! I also enjoyed The Messy Lives of Book People.

    I hope your Halloween is fun. Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope I enjoy Patron Saint, it's been a busy weekend so I haven't had time to read.

      Delete
  4. Hooray for finding the wedding ring!! Looks like we are all saying that!! The kids look cute in their costumes. Those lanterns and lighted creatures are really beautiful!! Keep us posted on how the new job goes! Happy for you! Always nice to spend quality time with family!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep everyone posted. Say a prayer for my poor feet. Walking around the zoo the other night was a bit much and my feet are still hurting some. I hope they are not too bad tomorrow.

      Delete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...