Sunday, November 20, 2022

Currently

It's 9:18 on Sunday evening, the final few moments of the weekend as I head to bed a lot earlier these days now that I'm a working girl again. The temperature is 23 F with clear skies.

Reading...The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan.

Watching...When I Think of Christmas on Hallmark. (I've actually been watching more of the Christmas movies on Great American Country than Hallmark at this point.)

Loving...the beautiful Christmas planter Tim bought me at Sam's Club.


Thankful...our son-in-law wasn't hurt when he fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked his truck into a pole last night.



Because of its age, the truck will most likely be totaled, but trucks can be replaced. Husbands and daddies can't.

Praying...for our daughter to find forgiveness in her heart and the patience to not give up on her marriage...also for our son-in-law to wake up and admit he needs to see someone about depression before he loses everything.

Relieved...everything is coming together for the Christmas program and dinner at church on the 11th...and that my job of doing the scenery and decorating the dinner tables got a little bit easier following a meeting today.

Nervous...about emceeing the women's Christmas tea at church on the 3rd. I am not a public speaker.

Celebrating...Thanksgiving, of course! Also, that life is rich and good right now. The job is going well, a cortizone shot is helping the heel spur pain, and custom orthotics are ordered.

Looking forward to...hosting my first holiday in several years. I have always done the cooking, but ever since our daughter moved out, the holidays have been in her home. It stresses her a lot on a good year and this year she is dealing with the kids being sick, a new job, and things with her husband so she is relieved to be free of it, I think.

If I don't see you before then...





5 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your son in law. I hope he gets the help he needs. Also, for their marriage. Glad your feet are doing better. I am sure you will do great at the tea. I was in charge of several of them when I was on the Women's team from 1995-2006. Then my family became my main ministry. The Lord will guide you Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy! What a beautiful Christmas planter. Praise God that your son-in-law was not seriously injured. I hope that he can find the help he needs for his depression. Depression is rough. So glad your job is going well and that you got some relief for your foot pain. Our church dinner in December 10. I wasn't sure my husband would want to go, but during our services this morning, he leaned over and told me to put it on the calendar because he wants to go. I hope you have a very good Thanksgiving. Grateful to hear that things are going well for you. Life is full of God's blessings! Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the shot is helping with your pain. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!! Glad you are getting some relief from the heel spur!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray for your intentions, my friend. So glad your son in law was not injured. I am also happy to hear your shots are working and know you will do fine at the tea. I do know how you feel, though. I hate speaking in front of people. Well, adults! I loved teaching the second graders! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...