Sunday Stealing questions were stolen from the League of Extraordinary Penpals. Thanks, Bev!
1. My plans for December. Nothing special. Just work, time at church reflecting on the season, getting ready for the big day, and then enjoying the time with my family.
2. How energized I feel at this point in the year. I'm doing pretty well this year. What the season means (Jesus came to save all who will accept him) fills me with joy no matter what else is going on, but this year I have the fun of the grandchildren to look forward to, hosting Christmas for the first time in 7 years, and my job is great and really helps me be "in" the season.
3. The best things about the holiday season. The love, the joy, and spending time with family and friends.
4. Something that changed my perspective on life. So many things...getting married, having children, coming to know the Lord, grandchildren, age, and experience.
5. What I seem to get the most comments about. Here on the blog? I guess it would be my grandchildren or my work.
6. The changes I’ve made to my style. I've learned to have a more relaxed "go with it" style. I am all about comfort.
7. What gets in the way of my success. That would be me, myself, and I. I doubt myself a lot.
8. News sources I trust the most. I don't completely trust any of them. The bottom line for all of them is ratings and market shares. Those who might be good reporters are pushed to compromise.
9. Fictional characters that would easily fit into my life. Just about anyone who is down to earth and a decent sort.
10. My relationship with spirituality. I have a deep and abiding relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ.
11. How I feel when I’m being retrospective. Usually a bit melancholy.
12. My thoughts on AI technology. For one thing I think it's unavoidable and we are stuck with it. It's a bit exciting what it's capable of, but at the same time...it's kind of worrisome.
13. The odd/weird things I do when nobody else is around. Other than make up goofy songs and sing them to the dog I can't think of anything.
14. What I do when I can’t sleep. Toss and turn. Pray. Get up and read.
15. The winter/holiday season tasks I enjoy. Decorating, cooking, baking, finding the perfect gifts for everyone (not wrapping!), helping others, even shoveling snow (as long as it isn't too deep and heavy).