Saturday, December 17, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Deep, December Questions

Today's Sunday Stealing questions were stolen from the League of Extraordinary Penpals. Thanks, Bev!


1. My plans for December.  Nothing special. Just work, time at church reflecting on the season, getting ready for the big day, and then enjoying the time with my family. 


2. How energized I feel at this point in the year.  I'm doing pretty well this year. What the season means (Jesus came to save all who will accept him) fills me with joy no matter what else is going on, but this year I have the fun of the grandchildren to look forward to, hosting Christmas for the first time in 7 years, and my job is great and really helps me be "in" the season. 


3. The best things about the holiday season.  The love, the joy, and spending time with family and friends.

 

4. Something that changed my perspective on life.  So many things...getting married, having children, coming to know the Lord, grandchildren, age, and experience.

 

5. What I seem to get the most comments about.  Here on the blog? I guess it would be my grandchildren or my work.


6. The changes I’ve made to my style.  I've learned to have a more relaxed "go with it" style. I am all about comfort.

 

7. What gets in the way of my success.  That would be me, myself, and I. I doubt myself a lot.

 

8. News sources I trust the most.  I don't completely trust any of them. The bottom line for all of them is ratings and market shares. Those who might be good reporters are pushed to compromise. 


9. Fictional characters that would easily fit into my life.  Just about anyone who is down to earth and a decent sort. 


10. My relationship with spirituality.  I have a deep and abiding relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ.

 

11. How I feel when I’m being retrospective.  Usually a bit melancholy. 


12. My thoughts on AI technology.  For one thing I think it's unavoidable and we are stuck with it. It's a bit exciting what it's capable of, but at the same time...it's kind of worrisome.

 

13. The odd/weird things I do when nobody else is around.  Other than make up goofy songs and sing them to the dog I can't think of anything.

 

14. What I do when I can’t sleep.  Toss and turn. Pray. Get up and read. 

15. The winter/holiday season tasks I enjoy.  Decorating, cooking, baking, finding the perfect gifts for everyone (not wrapping!), helping others, even shoveling snow (as long as it isn't too deep and heavy). 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Interesting answers. So glad that your job is going well and getting you into the Christmas spirit. I am also feeling good about the season this year. We are finished with shopping, which is something I do not enjoy. We have been invited to our daughter's home for dinner next week, so that is a huge improvement over last year and we are super excited to see them all. I hope you have a good week before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get melancholy. I think I'm less so than usual this year because I've had so many Plan Bs I've had to initiate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a beautiful day and a very Merry Christmas, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did change a lot when I had Josh. I started watching the news more. I felt like I needed to protect him and I needed to know what was going on. Also knowing Jesus...I put things more in HIs hands. I did not mention those at my blog, but I agree with your answers! Merry Christmas! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think AI will be anything to worry about for decades yet. But the technology is moving quite quickly.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're going to have a big celebration for Christmas--what with hosting. Enjoy every second of your grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. AI will get us all, I suspect. But maybe not in our lifetimes. (And thank you for the tips on my blog; I take D3 & use a light, it's just a slippery slope for me sometimes.)

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...