Sunday, March 12, 2023

'Twas the Night Before the First Day of the Rest of My Life

So, that title doesn't sound cliche or anything. Oh well, trite or not, it is the truth. I am about to begin, not a diet, but a lifestyle change, tomorrow. The diet is simply one component of it.

I've signed up for and begin my first day of the OPTAVIA program tomorrow. I'm excited. I'm not going to lie, the food portion is going to be rough for a while, but the program as a whole is set up to help you succeed. I have a coach, who happens to be someone I know personally...and who has lost nearly 150 pounds herself. She and I will be in contact every day. There is an app and a Facebook community to help with resources, questions, and recovery. I also have two very large books that will walk me through every step. One is more of a textbook and the other is a life journal.

Tonight in a Zoom call with coaches and others new to the plan the speaker challenged us to "Live Loud." By that he meant we should be open, honest, and transparent about the journey we are on. I know my mindset is different this time because I am already doing that. I've told everyone about starting this. 

Even my mom and that is HUGE. She tends to be judgemental and not supportive so I have never told her about any other efforts. I've told her everything about this. I have to tell you, not letting her see me fail is some pretty big motivation.

I've decided that from now on the blog is going to be a chronical of my journey. The title already fits. I'm going to be making a lot of changes in my life and this is just one of the first. I'm not saying I'll never do a meme, but the main focus is going to be how I am doing with the program. I'm hoping that "putting it all out there" will be even more incentive to succeed...and it would be cool if you guys keep me accountable or give me a little pat on the back now and then.

Now I'm going to turn off the computer and the television and not look at my phone. I'm going to read for a little bit before bed. Sleep is vital to success and lately I've been struggling with some insomnia. The screens need to go dark earlier than they have been.

That's it for now. I hope you'll all be cheering me on.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! This is wonderful. Count on my to be a cheerleader for this life change you are making! I think you will be doing something amazing for yourself and your family and setting an excellent example for many others like me. Have a great week. I will look forward to following your journey and taking some of your good advice. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, I am excited for you! I think journaling your progress will be great. We will be your cheer section. I agree, sleeping is key and I have a hard time with it because of my lack of padding. Not too many people know how it feels. Keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to watching you do well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 150 pounds!? Wow, that's a whole 'nother person. Well done. And praying for you that it will all be easy. You can do it!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team Stacy all the way! Let us know your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Stacy!! I am excited for you and need to get myself centered on losing weight. I've gained 30 pounds since Joe died and I need to get that off plus another 20. Your journey will be an incentive for me!! Let's do this! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...