Monday, March 13, 2023

Diet: Day 1

The Diet

Not gonna lie, today was rough. I picked the worst week at work to start a diet and today was probably the worst of it.

My department sold chocolate covered pretzel rods as a fundraiser and today was the day a few people were making them. One of my coworkers held one out to me and I nearly reached out and took it. I remembered at the last second that "I can't." I told him so and he continued to torment me saying "It's only half a pretzel." I resisted.

At lunch the department was rewarded for tending the flowers in the town center last summer. By rewarded, I mean they brought in hoagies and pasta salad for everyone. I resisted.

Being able to resist today gives me confidence for the rest of the week. I'm going to need it as we will be having special lunches Thursday and Friday for St. Patrick's Day.

It was a good day in other ways. I ate all of my fuelings and my lean & green meal for supper (7 oz. of lean beef and a big helping of broccoli). I drank about 50 oz. of water. I'm not a water drinker so it's okay to work up to that. Most of the fuelings were actually pretty tasty and really did fill me up.

After work I went to Sam's Club and shopped for lean meats and veggies. I got some good deals and found some yummy stuff. Now to look for some simple, but flavorful ways to cook everything to maximize my enjoyment.

I am really excited. I weighed myself this morning at the start and I weighed 240.2 and tonight when I showered I weighed myself out of curiosity and I weighed 238.8....and no, the difference wasn't the clothes. I had the same few items on both times. This is just proof to me that the plan works. I will do this strict diet for 12 weeks and weight should come off rapidly during this time. After that the plan begins to start reintroducing "real" food, teaching you how to make healthy choices.

Other Good Things

I went to a basket bash with Mom and a friend of hers yesterday. We got to support a library and I won a Longhorn Steakhouse gift card and two mountain pie irons.

I've found several people I know who are doing this program. It's awesome to know I'll have a group of real life friends to go through this with. 

I was able to contact the woman I'm going to buy a dining room hutch from (Facebook marketplace) and change the pick up date to Wednesday. Today was cold, rainy, and at times snowy. This evening was definitely snowy and we ended up with a dusting of half an inch or so that stayed. Tomorrow is more of the same plus wind. Anyway, excited we could work it out. The piece is a beautiful Pennsylvania House hutch that will replace my great-grandmother's lovely, but falling apart china cupboard and a bookcase along one wall in the kitchen.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! Good job on your first day. I am so excited for you and love your determination! The new Pennsylvania House hutch sounds beautiful. Ihope you will post a picture of it when you get it all situated! Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you and getting through Day 1 and also for winning some items at the Basket Bash! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Pennsylvania House Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Yay you! I am starting a better eating plan myself. I need to be more mindful of what I am putting in my mouth! I have gained weight this winter and my age isn't helping! Let's support each other, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Those pretzels would have been my downfall before I even got started. So good for you. A new dining room hutch somehow seems so appropriate for starting a new way way of eating, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it through the first hard day!! I am modifying my eating starting Monday. The kids will be headed home and no more company coming for a while. No carbs for a few weeks to get started. Protein, protein, protein. Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...