Thursday, August 31, 2023

Thankful Thursday

It's that time of the week again, time to list some of the things I am thankful for this week.

I am thankful...

... for Aleve Back & Muscle formula. Tim started using it and told me about it and it helps so much more than ibuprofen or Tylenol.

... the client I told you about last week continues to grow and do well. Today the fire alarms went off. Loud sounds like that really bother him, but he covered his ears and stayed right with me while we evacuated. Outside he stayed with me and didn't make any attempt to run away...even when the fire trucks arrived with sirens blaring. Later he asked me to play specific songs and he danced and sang. Then this afternoon he suggested the group play bingo on the deck. (By the way, it was a false alarm.)

... Colton is having a great first week of school and is loving it. Leah starts tomorrow and is very excited.



... we had a great family day at Lake Erie.

... for the upcoming 3-day weekend. I am woefully behind on household chores and am looking forward to getting caught up.

... there is no rain in the forecast for at least a week. We've been trying to get the pool water clear for at least two weeks and the heavy rains we've had have made it impossible. Hopefully, we will be able to get the green cleared out in time to use it next week as it's supposed to be 85-90 degrees all week.

... our daughter is beginning therapy sessions for herself next Tuesday. I'm praying she sticks with it.

... my mom continues to feel better after having a pretty bad case of Lyme disease.

... as always for my relationship with Jesus Christ, my husband and family, friends, and my church and church family.

... for all of you!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely list. We do have so much to be grateful for ! The kids photos are so cute. Kids make life worth everything I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. That is such a cute t-shirt that Colton has on for the first day of school. Darling pictures of both of your grands. You have a great gratitude list. I am glad that you had so many positives last week. I hope you enjoy the long weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try the Aleve back and muscle medicine. Hopefully it will help my rib injury! Your grands look so happy to go back to school. Mine went back 3 weeks ago. I hope you get your pool clean so you can use it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of that medicine. I may have to try it when my back/shoulder muscles spasm again. I pray you will be feeling much better soon. I love the photos of the kiddos ready for school. What a happy time! I do hope you get to use the pool again before summer is over. I enjoyed your post and all your list of thankfulness. God is so good, and we are blessed. Have a wonderful long weekend. Try not to overdo it. Let your body rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the progress with your client. That is so great, Stacy, and has to validate all that you do! I am glad your daughter is going to therapy. Prayers lifted. Colton and Leah are so cute!! How great that they are excited about school!! Glad your mom is doing so much better!! So much to be thankful for and I am thankful for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little ones are adorable!!!!! Happy September!!!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...