Sunday, August 27, 2023

Currently...

... 3:30 on Sunday afternoon. The weather is sunny and humid with the temperature at 76 degrees.

... the grands have gone home after being here with Pappy for a few hours while I was not home. I staffed the church nursery this morning and then went to Walmart afterward, which was a big mistake. Since tomorrow is the first day of school around here, the store and parking lot were as packed and crazy as the day before Christmas.

... Daisy and I are sitting here in the recliner enjoying a moment of peace and quiet and a couple of the new pumpkin spice flavored Oreos. You should try them...sooooo good!

Reading... still working on Tides of Fire. The past week wasn't good for reading.

Watching... not really watching, but Tim went out and left the TV tuned to some show about WWII. It's his standard Sunday viewing.

Listening to... the 70's on 7. My new vehicle has Sirius.

Loving... my new vehicle, even though I don't know what half of the buttons do.

Feeling... a bit stressed, not by anything in my own life, but because our daughter is feeling completely overwhelmed and stressed, is talking about divorce, and comes over here to vent but is not receptive to any advice and no matter how I react/don't react or what I say/don't say...it's wrong. I hate seeing her so unhappy, but I also hate what it's doing to the kids.

Celebrating... nothing at the moment. We had the big picnic for the consumers on Friday. I had thought it was a picnic for the company at large. Nope. Well, staff got to eat the food and we each got an Amazon gift card, but we had to set up and tear down, man the games, attend the consumers who didn't have staff or family to bring them, and in a final insult...the big boss decided production needed to go on until we went to the picnic ground. So, all the staff was put to work making metal s-hooks. I personally made over 600 of them. Most everyone else was probably in the same ballpark. 

(We also learned that the big boss says if we don't have enough consumers at work on any given day, staff will now be put to work making the hooks. Most of the staff is older and many have issues with sight or pain. The excitement level caused by this announcement is non-existent. We are already short-handed because they can't get any workers due to paying less than any other agency...do they really think this is going to improve the situation?)

Grateful... we had a safe trip to Erie, PA yesterday with our daughter's family. We did end up going in two vehicles rather than riding together since we couldn't get two coolers, all the chairs and beach paraphernalia into her vehicle with all three rows of seats in play. It was a good day and Tim's oldest sister met us there with her two grandsons. It was nice to see her and the kids had a ball playing with their cousins.

Tim and his sister.

Cousins playing.

Colt and Leah by pretty flowers.





6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Your new car sounds great. I told my husband that we need to go look at Buicks. So sorry that your daughter is going through a tough time. Divorce is never a fun or enjoyable thing, but sometimes it really is for the best. So glad you could make the trip up to Erie to spend time with Tim's sister and her grandsons. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some weeks are not condusive to sitting quietly and reading. I tried to get through the Midnight In The Library one. Couldn't do it. It was TOO boring. I finally skipped to the end to see how it ended. So I'm done with that. *wink* Now I'm reading (or trying to) The Last Garden In England by Julia Kelly. It's OK, but again, it's dull. Might skip to the end of that one too. Guess I'm spoiled by Agatha Christie.
    Learning all the bells and whistles on these new vehicles can be time consuming. I hope we never have to buy another one. Might stick with old ones and be done with all the electronics.
    Have a great week. God bless you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, I'm glad you got to visit with family and congrats on a new vehicle. Hope you have a great day and that the problems at work will correct themselves soon. Also, I totally understand about a daughter venting and there's nothing you can do or not do that won't set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my friend. So sorry about your daughter's troubles. Your trip to Erie looks as if it were perfect! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning! Not sure how I landed here as I've been bopping all around the blogosphere this morning. I'm sorry for the situation your daughter is going through. My own daughter went through a divorce and significant life upheaval a few years ago and I understand how hard it is for us as mothers when our grown children struggle. Prayer is the only thing that got me through those difficult years.

    P.S. Love your blog and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm late getting here. Sorry, Stacy. Anyway, I am sad that work is causing anxiety and that Leah is having troubles at home. Prayers lifted for all. Nice that y'all had a nice time with cousins and hubby's sister. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...