Sunday, November 19, 2023

Currently

The weather...is a brisk 34 degrees with clear skies. Tomorrow's high will be close to 50 with some windy weather ushering in rain and slightly warmer temps for Tuesday. In fact, it should remain in the 50s through Thanksgiving (big change from a couple of days ago when the forecast for the big day was low 40s with a mix of rain and snow flurries in the morning). The cooler temps are supposed to start moving in on Black Friday. 

Reading...still slogging through Anxious People. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time reading this one. Oh, life is busy, but that doesn't usually stop me if I like a book. It's really not bad. I love Fredrik Backman's writing, but for some reason this one is just not gripping me like his other books.

Watching...I just finished watching Planes, Trains, and Christmas Trees on Lifetime. It wasn't the best Christmas movie I've seen, nor was it as good as Planes, Trains, and Automobiles...but it was enjoyable enough.

Listening to...one of the local all Christmas stations in the car. Yes, I know it's early, but between the movies, the grandkids, a coworker who channels Will Farrell as Elf, and the fact that we are already working on Christmas at work...I am super in the mood already!

Loving...how helpful my daughter is being when she herself doesn't feel great (this week's trip to the ER gave her a diagnosis of pancreatitis). I try to help her with the kids as much as I can and she is trying to help me get the house cleaned and organized before the new refrigerator comes tomorrow and before Thanksgiving since everyone is coming here. It's been a blessing as my leg hurts so much lately that it keeps me awake at night and at times I can barely stand to sit, let alone walk. I am hoping it truns out to be an inflamed IT-band (the large tendon or whatever it is, that runs from the hip to the knee and stabilizes the knee). When I worked at the nursing home I had that issue in the other leg and had to go to physical therapy to get over it. I have some exercises I can do at home, but this time is much worse so I want to know it's really that before I do something and make it worse.

Thinking...about Thanksgiving, what to make for sides, how much there is to get done, and about how it will all play out since I've invited a blind gentleman from work to join us. I don't think he has any intellectual disabilities. If he does, they are very mild. I think he is just...quirky...and at 70, a bit set in his ways and demanding as men of that age can sometimes be. Don't get me wrong, on the whole he is a sweetheart.

Also about the fact I've been drafted to be the narrator for the church's Christmas program. Me. Ugh!

Feeling...maybe not quite content, but happy.

Celebrating...Thanksgiving, the Christmas season, our anniversary...so much really.

Grateful...there is no chance I'll have to work in the document destruction part of my work any time soon (or maybe ever again). With my leg as it is there is no way I would be able to do it.

Enjoying...the absolutely gorgeous sunrises and sunsets we've been having. The heavens have been dressed in all their finest colors!

Looking forward to...Thanksgiving and being off work for 4 days. I never call off or call in sick as so many of my coworkers do and I neeeeed a break. I actually have two PTO days I can use before the end of the year, but everyone is trying to use theirs up so the list of days we can't ask to be off is very long. Add to that the fact that we are very short staffed. Since I just earned my two days (I'll get my full 12 for next year in January) the only days left to ask for are a couple of Mondays, Tuesdays, and maybe a Wednesday or two. I asked for a Monday and Tuesday in December, but the boss says she will try but can't promise. I guess if all else fails I can just take them at Christmas so I get paid for the days we are off.

That's it for now. I really need to get off of here and get to bed. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I hope your leg feels better soon, and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said November has the best sunsets.

    I hope you get some relief for your leg, that sounds terribly painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart. I pray your leg will get better. It's terrible to hurt but especially during this time of year. Rest and recover.
    How good and kind of y'all to invite the blind gentlemen to the table! Jesus said there's always room at His table. We used to invite Holiday Orphans (that's what I call those who have no family or friends to celebrate with) during the Holidays. No one should be alone. We all have worth. It can be so depressing for many. God bless you for this.
    It's too warm and dry here. We're all praying for rain and cooler temps.
    Get well soon! Love & prayers from SE Georgia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you - I never take off so a long weekend without using PTO time is FABULOUS!!!!!

    I did NOT enjoy Anxious People one bit. I know most people loved it - I did not. I have tried watching the series - its dubbed which I hate - but it was more enjoyable than the book - but I forgot all about finishing that LOL

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...