Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thankful Thursday

It's already 9:00 pm, but I want to take the time to list some of the things I'm thankful for...especially since I've missed the last few weeks.

This week I am thankful...

** We had a nice Thanksgiving and everyone made the client I invited feel welcome. Also that we had lots of leftovers to enjoy.

** The Thanksgiving leftovers are finally at an end.

** My leg is feeling better. The arthritis is still there to be sure, but the course of Prednisone calmed down the sciatic inflammation. What's left is bearable. When it's not, I've found that both Motrin and Advil make a dual action formula that combines 250mg of acetaminophen with 250mg of ibuprofen. The combo seems to take care of the pain fairly well. Now if only I could kick the leg and foot cramps to the curb.

** Our daughter is finally getting a colonoscopy and an endoscopy tomorrow. Praying it will reveal what is going on in her stomach. The most recent guess at the ER was pancreatitis but the scopes are needed to really know what's happening. All of these issues began after she took a single dose (1 weekly shot) of Mounjaro. There are apparently others in her same predicament. I've advised her that if her doctor says this is all due to the shot she should contact the law firm I found that is looking into a possible suit against Mounjaro and Ozempic for not emphasizing how severe the side effects can be. It isn't a settlement that is important, rather if this class of drugs is causes this many problems, they need to be taken off the market.

** We are losing two coworkers in the next two weeks, but another is returning after being off since July for back surgery and they just hired another person. So far it looks like I'll be staying in the Adult Training Facility all the time...for now. With my leg issues that's really good news.

** The new refrigerator is finally here and in place and I LOVE it!

** The boxes from Amazon just keep coming every day and just another one or two and I will be done with that type of shopping. There will only be a few gift cards and certificates left to get. Then all I'll have to do is wrap everything...a job I hate, but I am thankful we can bless our family and friends at Christmas.

** Everything at work is about Christmas. It's impossible not to be filled with cheer! It's kind of like working in ELF's world.

** There are countless moments each week, each day even, with my clients that just bless my heart so much. One stood out today. A client walked over to my chair wrapped her arms around me for the biggest hug then she planted a kiss on the top of my head and said, "I love you, ya little pumpkin-head." It made me smile so much and all the other clients thought it was so funny. We laughed and laughed. 

** I haven't decorated the house yet and I'm not freaking out. I kind of was on Black Friday, which is typically my decorating day, but I've adjusted and I'm okay. It'll happen this weekend. Good enough.

** There are so many reminders, so much focus on the reason for this season of hope and joy. I love celebrating my Savior's birthday! This year I'm more involved at church and will be narrating the Christmas program. 

** For each one of you, of course!

As we begin December I pray you have a wonderful weekend blessed with all the best of the Christmas season!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I hope your daughter gets some answers from the scopes. Ozempic and Mounjaro and drugs of that sort are all the rage right now, and I think there is going to be a big back lash and lawsuits when all of the side effects are made known. I am glad that you leg pain is better. I hope that you and yours have a good weekend and that everything goes well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, my son has gastro issues too and was just in the hospital for a few days. He has had both of those tests. He has Ulcerative Colitis for sure. I understand arthritis but mine in in my shoulders and elbow. In spite of the pain, we move on. My doctor says to use ice as often as I can instead of Motrin which is hard on the stomach and kidneys. He also said to alternate between Motrin and Tylenol. I am glad you are loving your job. Glad you are more involved with your church. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying they can find out what's going on with your daughter. Praying it is treatable and nothing serious. Glad your leg is feeling some better. Just pace yourself and try to rest when you can. Don't sweat the decorations at home stuff. Today is only Dec. 1st. We hope to get our tree up this weekend, but if it doesn't happen it's okay. It will happen in due time. But again, Christmas is about Jesus, with or without the tree and decor. It's what's inside our hearts that matters most. And sharing that joy and love with everyone else. But I know the feeling...I want to get things done...just can't do it all at once. Take care my friend. You must take care of YOU first so then you can do everything else you want to do. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Prayers continue for your daughter. And decorate when you feel up to it. I am learning to pace myself these days. Have a cozy weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your job brings you so much joy!! Praying for your daughter's procedure. I'm just getting my tree up. Late this year, too.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...