Monday, July 15, 2024

Currently

The weather... 81 degrees at 9:45 p.m. That's a nice cool down from this afternoon's high of somewhere between 95 and 100 degrees. Tomorrow and Wednesday will be hot ones again before we cool down to the low 80's for Thursday and Friday. We had about 2 minutes of rain from a "storm" this evening. We need rain. Everything is dry and brown.

Reading... just finished Sticks and Bones by Carolyn Haines. I enjoyed it enough that I ordered a used copy of the first book in the series. When it arrives it will probably be my next read.

Watching... the Republican National Convention. I also just watched Hannity's interview with J.D. Vance. I like him and approve the nomination.

Thinking... about all the work I need to do in our bedroom before our new bed is delivered on Saturday. Sadly, our room tends to be the catch-all room, the one in which we dump everything we don't know what else to do with. Plus, the Sleep Number bed will have to be torn down Saturday morning so they can haul it away...and Tim is, of course, going to be working.

Feeling... better. I called off work on Friday. When I woke up I was feeling a bit dizzy and as soon as I stood up my legs started cramping from my hips to my toes. I have a lot of things for cramps around here and I tried all of them. Nothing worked. The cramps didn't subside until around lunchtime. I'm thinking I must have been dehydrated.

Enjoying... a bit of extra time this week. The older man I do some companion work with is off at a summer camp until next Tuesday. 

Celebrating... nothing this week, but next week we have our daughter's birthday and our granddaughter's birthday party. Can you believe Leah will be 5?! Time has flown by so quickly. She was born in 2019 while we were on a cruise.

And lastly, some giggles because these days we really need to laugh.




























6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I hope you are feeling better. I hope everything goes well with the delivery of your new bed. I read J.D. Vance's book, Hillbilly Elegy when it first came out. I thought the book was excellent and liked the movie. Vance is a very interesting guy -to come from such rough circumstances and go as far as he has. I hope you have a good week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these memes, you do find some great ones!! I love the ones about the sports bras, both of them. Yeah, taking one off or trying to pull one on when you are hot and sweaty is like impossible! I haven't read JD Vance's book yet, but now I want to. Praying for him and his family as they begin this new adventure/journey in their lives. May God protect and keep them, and also continue to protect President Trump and his family. Wow, what a week/weekend this has been! Praying for you as well, and hope you are feeling better. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald for the first time. I like the Robert Redford movie version of it. Thought I'd give it a whirl.
    We've been watching back-to-back MST3K movies and the old Streets of San Francisco TV series on YouTube. What a hoot!
    Love the meme's! Can't pick the best one because they're all funny.
    Hope you're feeling better soon. Been praying for you and all of us. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy, I giggled through all of your silly memes!! Thanks for the fun! Joe and I had a sleep number bed. He loved it. I hated it. I have a tempurpedic now and love it. Hope some good hydration helped your cramps!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the pleasure of working closely with Mr Pedro for several years as business partners. During the time that Pedro and his loan company team served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above our goal, and this can only be attributable to Mr Pedro's hard work. I appreciate your hard work and also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan of any kind, contact Mr Pedro on.... pedroloanss@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +393510140339 Mr Pedro is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.
    Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond work and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I am... Reading: Arkangel  by James Rollins. Thrills and fast-paced action at it's finest. Rollins' tales never give you a moment t...