Friday, July 19, 2024

Saturday 9: Disco Duck

It's time for the Saturday 9 and thanks, as always, goes to Sam for the music and questions.

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Rick Dees begins by describing a party where he can't resist that disco beat. What's the last party you attended? Was there dancing?  It was a party at work and yep, there was dancing. If there's two things the consumers love, it's dancing and food. So we usually have both.

2) While this record was a massive international hit in 1976, it got off to an inauspicious start. Rick Dees said it took him less than a day to write the song, and more than three months to convince anyone to let him record it. Tell us about a time you were tempted to give up, but were glad you didn't.  I'm drawing a blank.

3) In the hit movie Saturday Night Fever, students are briefly seen learning to dance to "Disco Duck." Can you name another song from Saturday Night Fever?  Stayin' Alive 

4) Dees was already a top disc jockey in Memphis when "Disco Duck" was released. With the record's success, his radio career soared and he got a better job reaching a greater audience at a radio station in Los Angeles. Are there any disc jockeys you loyally listened to every day?  Back in the day I always listened to Bill Cardille on Pittsburgh's 96KX. These days I listen to Laura Kay on a small local station while I'm driving to work.

5) After more than 20 years, Rick lost his regular radio slot to Ryan Seacrest. But he still shares "the hottest music on the planet" through the Rick Dees Hit Music app (available at the Apple App Store or Google Play). What app have you recently downloaded to your phone?  I haven't downloaded any recently.

6) He used his favorite radio format to create a cookbook called Rick Dees All-Time Top 40 Greatest Desserts. If you could finish a delicious meal with the dessert of your choice, anything at all, what would you order?  Strawberry Cheesecake

7) In 1976, when "Disco Duck" was a hit, The Bionic Woman premiered on ABC. Because of her "bionic parts," Jamie Summers could run super fast, had super-sensitive hearing, and super-human strength. If you could have one of those qualities enhanced -- speed, hearing or strength -- which would you choose?  Strength

8) Also in 1976, like this year, the world got together for The Summer Olympics. Will you be following the international competition?  Maybe a little here and there. I stopped being a big fan when they started allowing professional athletes to compete.

9) Random question: You're bone tired, exhausted, and you have an early day tomorrow. As you wash your face and brush your teeth before bed, one of the two bulbs in the bathroom fixture goes out. Do you 1) change the bulb before bed or 2) promise yourself to do it in a hurry tomorrow as you're rushing around in the morning or 3) decide you can live with one bulb for a while, go to bed, and replace the burned-out bulb when you get around it?  Oh, I am definitely a #3.

11 comments:

  1. Strawberry cheesecake sounds great! I know you went on a cruise. We are planning one for January and they have great desserts! Dancing is so fun and lots of feel good hormones dancing too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers sound a lot like what mine would be. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you about the Olympics and professional athletes. I do love watching the gymnastics, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not that interested in the Olympics and for similar reasons. Have a beautiful weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disco was so much fun. We used to go dancing every weekend, Steve and me and all our friends. Those are happy memories.
    I found a recipe for keto cheesecake made from cottage cheese, I think. I'll have to look for it. It sounded wonderful. I do like cheesecake.
    Not a fan of the Olympics. I haven't watched any of that since I left home in 1974.
    Have a great day and hope you're feeling great! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will likely watch gymnastics and maybe women's basketball. I certainly am not interested in curling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheesecake sounds good! Why do I think I am going to love all of the desserts.
    I am for sure a #3 also for #9. hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm #3 as well, LOL! Joe's favorite dessert was cheesecake. I like it too, but love custard pies. Fun answers, Stacy. Have a blessed evening and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the pleasure of working closely with Mr Pedro for several years as business partners. During the time that Pedro and his loan company team served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above our goal, and this can only be attributable to Mr Pedro's hard work. I appreciate your hard work and also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan of any kind, contact Mr Pedro on.... pedroloanss@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +393510140339 Mr Pedro is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.
    Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond work and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of us seem to be able to leave 5he lightbulb until we get around to it

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Stayin' Alive" is the first song on the soundtrack, the one that plays over the opening credits, so I'm surprised it isn't the one that came to my mind first. Dylan Brandon told me all about Mr. Pedro, too. Let me know if you call him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Currently

On a Monday evening in October...  it's a cool 47 degrees and the forecast says we're going down to 38 degrees before the sun rises ...