Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Currently

I'm finally relaxing a bit at the end of a long day.

The weather is a comfortable 73 degrees at 9:45 p.m. We've been enjoying a few days of reasonable temperatures before the mercury begins to climb again. We even had the first real rain we've had in ages last evening.

I'm watching America's Got Talent. This year's performers are crazy good! 

I'm reading Tea Is for Treasure by Kristin Eckhardt. It's another book in the Tearoom Mystery Series from Guidepost. Their cozy mystery series are different in that each book in a series features the same main characters, but each book is written by a different author.

I'm thinking about work. Wednesdays are my day to plan the lesson and activities. Tomorrow is Pioneer Day according to the National Today calendar. I've decided we're going to learn about...pioneers. And to show them an example of how different things were, we are going to make butter. In a jar. I've made corn muffins so they can try the butter after we make it. I think it's going to be fun and they love anything to do with food.

I'm feeling accomplished, a bit tired, and my knees ache, so basically, normal for me. Ha!

I'm enjoying Werther's fall flavors...caramel apple, pumpkin, maple cream, and cinnamon.

I'm celebrating our daughter's 32nd birthday on Thursday and our granddaughter's birthday party is Saturday, though she won't be 5 until the 29th.

I'm giggling at...











That's all that's going on around here tonight. Enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the giggles! I'm definitely an adult. Happy birthday celebrations for your girls!! Please make sure to tell us how the butter making goes! Sounds like a great activity!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I am... Reading: Arkangel  by James Rollins. Thrills and fast-paced action at it's finest. Rollins' tales never give you a moment t...