I am
Reading... Engaging the Enemy by Nora Roberts. It's a 2-in-1 book.
Watching... a LOT of Hallmark movies.
Listening... to the AC. Sweltering heat is back with us this week.
Eating... comfort foods. Tonight was Chinese. (Hey, I'm stuck at home and not allowed to do much. I neeeed comforting.)
Thinking... that I'm going to lose my mind over the next six weeks.
Feeling... pretty good, all things considered. I'm a bit sore, but nothing Tylenol and ibuprofen can't handle. I haven't taken even one Oxycodone and I don't plan to.
Celebrating... that my surgery went well and one preliminary report says no malignant cells were found outside of the tumor. I have to wait until my doctor calls to give me the official news and what the plan is going forward. He seemed pretty sure I'd at least have to do some radiation treatments.
Enjoying... time away from work, the shift to all things fall, and having an excuse to not do much in the way of housekeeping.
Thankful... my mom and step-dad have such good neighbors up on the ridge. Mom went to the ER the day after my surgery and ended up staying to get a stent put in because she has a kidney stone that is too large to pass. They sent her home the next day and she went back the following morning...courtesy of a neighbor driving her at 6:00 in the morning. She was sent home after a brief exam. We are dealing with the fact that she seems to think the stent is a permanent thing and she's "cured." We are also dealing with the fact that her thinking is beginning to show cracks. A lot of the stress over my step-dad's condition for all those months, we are now thinking was due to her not listening/understanding what she was being told. So, yes, very thankful for neighbors who keep an eye on them since we are at least 20 minutes away and they are exceptionally stubborn.
Giggling...









No comments:
Post a Comment