Thursday, September 3, 2026

Thankful Thursday

There is a lot to be thankful for today, but I think I'm just going to drop two on you and call it a day.

First, I'm thankful to even be able to post tonight. We've had terrible storms rolling through all day and the ones tonight have just been the worst. Part of the evening was spent hunkering down in the basement with our daughter's family. 

About 6:30 this evening everyone's phones started exploding with weather alerts. They weren't messing around, just said to seek shelter NOW. Apparently, the heavy rains were hiding the cloud rotation so that only radar was picking it up. They said if you waited until you could see it or hear it, it would be too late.

Thankfully, we didn't see the expected 80 mph winds. The chairs and rug on the pool deck had to be fished out of the pool when it was over, but we had no damage. A quick drive around the neighborhood showed nothing other than a lot of standing and running water. Other areas were not so lucky and thousands in the region are without power tonight and will face a big clean up job tomorrow.

Second, I am thankful for the report I got from my oncologist today. The cancer was at an earlier stage than believed and they got all of it. I do not have to do chemo or radiation. I just have to follow up for 5 years. 

Thank you, Lord! 

And thank you to the army of people who have been praying for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankful Thursday

There is a lot to be thankful for today, but I think I'm just going to drop two on you and call it a day. First, I'm thankful to eve...