Saturday, September 19, 2026

Saturday 9: Everybody Loves a Clown

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Not everyone loves clowns. "Coulrophobia" is the irrational fear of clowns. Do you have any fears or phobias?  The main ones, the "biggies," are snakes and sharks.

2) This week's featured artist, Gary Lewis, sings that he jokes a lot at parties. In social settings, are you more a talker or a listener? It very much depends on the setting and who the people around me are. I can be very social and talk a good bit if I'm comfortable with those around me. It also depends on the topic of conversation. If someone is saying something interesting, I will be quiet and soak it in.

3) He's dreaming of a special girl. Do you often daydream?  Not so much these days. I used to do a great deal of daydreaming when I was young.

4) Gary named his band The Playboys because they were always late to rehearsals and Gary joked that they would rather play than work. Do you tend to be early, late, or exactly on time?  I was raised to be early, but as I've aged and lived with those who run late, I've come to run a few minutes late most of the time. Work would be the big exception. I am always early for that.

5) Gary Lewis had first-hand knowledge of clowns. His father was famous funny man Jerry Lewis. Who always makes you laugh? Always? Mmmm....maybe Jeff Dunham.

6) In 2017, Gary was in the news when it became known that Jerry disinherited all six of his sons from his will. Have you ever attended the reading of a will?  I was there when my grandfather's will was read

7) This past summer found Gary Lewis on The My Generation Tour, performing with other acts from the mid-1960s, like The Lovin' Spoonful, The Hollies, and Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Do you enjoy listening to "the oldies?"  I do. I like all kinds of music.

8) In 1965, when this song was popular, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston to become the heavyweight champion of the world. Have you ever attended a boxing match?  No

9) Random question: What color is your toothbrush?  Blue


6 comments:

  1. That is a good point about running late or early. I am very early for work, but my husband's family runs late, so I never want to be there early for those events. Jeff Dunham is hilarious! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Jeff Dunham in concert once. It was fun. I like his earlier stuff better than the things he does now. We have his Christmas show on DVD, and it is way better than what they showed on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy, I agree with # 2. It does depend on the situation. My cold is almost gone, but I am tired this Saturday morning. Maybe because I slept in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it dramatic when your grandfather's will was read? (I admit I've seen too many movies.) PS I don't know why Blogger updates me if it isn't updating anyone else. I'm really pretty lame as far as tech goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff Dunham! We saw him at UBS Arena last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one friend that I am consistently late to meet up with--I wonder what the meaning is of that! Otherwise, I am prompt or early.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I am Reading... finally coming back around to Rumors & Whiskey  by Victoria Wilder. Watching... Chronicle Mysteries  on Hallmark+. Lis...