Monday, April 11, 2022

Currently

I am...

Listening to... rain splattering against the windows and a neighbor mowing grass in said rain.

Thankful... for the overwhelming support and love of my small group from church. Since learning of the death of our son-in-law's brother they have blessed us abundantly with meals, things I can make up in a pinch, crafts for the kids... It has been so humbling. One family alone brought a dozen grocery bags filled with kid-friendly foods and drinks! I've had more than enough to feed the kids, us, Megan and Cody, and share with Cody's family, who is somewhat reclusive and shut off so they haven't received any kindnesses. 

I don't know if that's what inspired them, but they have asked my pastor to officiate the funeral.I am so very thankful for that because if there is anyone who might speak peace and truth in a way that might reach their hearts, it is Pastor Kirt.

Thinking... about how different life may be going forward. Megan and Cody have talked with Sarah's mother and she has Sarah today. So far she is being nice and agreeable, but based on past experience, she isn't one to trust. For now, the agreement is that Megan and Cody will keep Sarah for the next two weeks while the mother goes back to Indiana and finishes up her classes. After that, she plans to move back home and live with her father and Sarah will go live with her. She refuses any kind of custody agreement, but has said she'd be willing to sign papers saying Megan and Cody can take her to the doctor and school and things like that. She is also saying, already, that she's going to have to get a job and she'll need help taking care of Sarah to do that. 

Our prayers are that she doesn't take advantage of the situation and pawn Sarah off on Megan and Cody all the time (she did it with Nick's parents), but keep the Social Security money and not offer to help.

Feeling... peaceful today. I don't have the kids at all today so I am enjoying the quiet and relaxing since I will have all three again tomorrow while the funeral takes place.

Celebrating... our son-in-law's birthday today (well...celebrating may be too strong a term ), my stepdad's birthday next Monday, Mom and John's anniversary the following day, and the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus during this holiest of weeks.

The weather... low 60's, gray, and rainy...a forecast that will hold true for much of the week. Except for Wednesday. Wednesday it's supposed to be 80*. Then back to 50 and rain by Easter.

A quote to share...


A song to leave you with...




6 comments:

  1. Poor Sarah! Little ones can only go where we take/send them; they get no say. She's lucky to have your family to help her feel secure.

    Your quote today is *perfect* for me. I'm trying to live it. (Fingers crossed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. I hope all works out for Sara and your kids. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry...that poor little girl deserves to be loved, taken care of etc. period. Keeping in prayer...and like I was telling Barbara (fellow blogger and Ocalain) the other day, it really hurts my heart to know folks who don't accept Christ. So sad and it does wear on me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy. So glad you are getting so much help and support in light of your son-in-law's brother's death. The whole situation is very sad. Grateful you are there to help your daughter and son-in-law through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, they're having a funeral? I thought they were going to not do that - or put it off... glad they reached out to your pastor! Nothing like a church family in a crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That closing quote of yours really spoke to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...