Saturday, April 9, 2022

Sunday Stealing: Thought Provoking Questions

Thanks to Bev of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!


Stolen from Thought Provoking Questions

 

 

 

1. Do you own your things or do your things own you?  I value my things and I surround myself with things that I enjoy or that have meaning to me, but I would not be crushed if they all went away tomorrow. None of it came into the world with me and none of it is going out with me, either. This photo popped up in my memories on Facebook the other day. Willie says it pretty well.


2. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?  That's a hard one. I hate the thought of losing the memories of people who have meant a lot to me, but are gone or of wonderful events and times, but...I think I'd hate to not be able to make new memories with my grandchildren even more.

3. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?  My family, being able to do things I enjoy, my health, and having my mind intact.

4. What do you have that you cannot live without?  My faith in God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. After that, only my family comes close to that kind of value.

5. When you close your eyes what do you see?  Something akin to colorful static.

6. What sustains you on a daily basis?  My faith, my husband's support, my family, and having things to do that I enjoy.

7. What are your top five personal values?

  • Put God first.
  • Love everyone (which encompasses kindness, respect, and manners).
  • Be honest (with God, others, and myself).
  • Don't take more than your share (of money, belongings, praise, food, or anything).
  • Admit it when you are wrong or have done wrong, be remorseful about it and say so.

8. What personal prisons have you built out of fears?  Shyness has kept me from making a lot of friends and speaking up publicly about things in the past. I'm learning the older I get the less I worry about what others think. Fear of sharks keeps me from swimming in the ocean and that fear isn't going anywhere.

9. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  Lose weight.

10. If you haven’t achieved it yet what do you have to lose?  Ha!  If we are talking about  question 9, a lot of pounds!

11. What three words would you use to describe the last three months of your life?  Difficult, blessed, changed.

12. Is it ever right to do the wrong thing?  Is it ever wrong to do the right thing?  That would, for the most part, depend on whose standard of right and wrong you are going by. Personally, I don't believe it's ever "right" to do the wrong thing...except if it is going against the laws of man because they are in opposition to God's laws. We are told in the Bible to obey our leaders because they are in place only because God has allowed them to be there.

13. How would you describe ‘freedom’ in your own words?  Being able to hold and express my own beliefs and pursue what matters to me without infringement or interference by any government, entity, or person.

14. What is the most important thing you could do right now in your personal life?  Change my diet, exercise, and get healthier. Winning the lottery would be good too. It would make retirement a lot less scary.

15. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?  Dealing in used, old, and rare books and/or antiques.

8 comments:

  1. good plan for how to make you happy. I suspect nobody is getting rich in books, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers Stacy, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, this is why us blogging friends are friends...smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8 - Same here but I've largely overcome it now (though occasionally it sneaks up on me). And you are right - you shouldn't really care what others think; that gets easier with age.

    :O)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also love to work with used, old and rare books and antiques. I love your answers, and I would answer the same to almost every question. Hope you have a restful, relaxing sabbath! See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thought-provoking questions this week. I couldn't answer #2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, yes to the first answer! Amen.
    Really enjoyed your responses. We are so much alike!
    Have a blessed Palm Sunday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old books thrill me, but also make me sneeze as I find I'm allergic to book mold.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...