Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's been ages since I've joined in with the Wednesday Hodgepodge, but felt like jumping in today. Thanks goes to Joyce @ From This Side of the Pond for the questions.

1. Do you celebrate Easter? I do. It's the most important holiday in the Christian faith. If so what are your plans this year? I had been looking forward to celebrating in church for the first time in several years, but that won't be happening due to circumstances beyond my control. We will be having dinner with our daughter's family and my mom and stepdad. There will be baskets and an egg hunt for the grands. Did you have egg hunts as a kid?  My parents always did a small one for me. Always inside, because it was done before church and we always went to sunrise services on Easter. 

2. What's your favorite bread to find in a bread basket?  I'm not a big bread eater, but when I do eat it I like simple homemade bread and rolls...all light, fluffy, yeasty and warm. 

3. Your favorite chick flick?  Dirty Dancing with While You Were Sleeping as a close second.

4.Tax day is rapidly approaching in the US of A...what's something you currently find 'taxing'?  Actually, a situation I found quite taxing has just ended so I'm not feeling taxed at the moment.

5. Have you ever ridden in a taxi? Just once. Do you have a funny-scary-crazy-interesting taxi story to share?  My daughter had a major meltdown in a store when she was three. I took her to the van to let it play out and was so stressed by the time she wound down I ended up locking the keys in the van. No family members were available to come to the rescue. The dealership I bought the van from and provided roadside assistance said they were too busy to come. They told me to go to a dealership nearer to my location and have a key made. I had to take a taxi to that dealership. The "taxi" turned out to be a mini bus so my daughter and aunt got to ride along and it was a "grand adventure." Did I mention it was pouring absolute buckets of rain the whole time?  Do you use any of the newer taxi-like services such as Uber?  No. I don't have any need, nor do I think they are all that safe. (Don't tell my husband's cousin...he is pretty high up in Uber's security department in Pittsburgh.)

6. Insert your own random thought here.  The funeral for my son-in-law's brother was yesterday so after a week of watching the grands plus the brother's daughter, life is beginning to return to normal. I won't rehash details here, but if you aren't a regular and really want to know of the horrible circumstances surrounding the death you can read my last few posts. 

What I will say is that concerning his daughter, the news is as good as could have been hoped for. The mother of the daughter turned up and has been very agreeable. She says she saw an attorney and set up a shared custody agreement between her and my daughter and son-in-law. They are waiting for the paperwork to come in the mail so they can have their attorney review it. The mother had to return to another state for a couple of weeks to finish up some classes, but will be returning after that. The girl is with my daughter and s-i-l until she returns. Then the hope is that she will have the girl the majority of the time, but my daughter and s-i-l will be able to see her whenever they want and they will have a say in decisions about her well-being. I am praying the mother doesn't take advantage.

7 comments:

  1. I hope that little girl gets the best...I hope you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it always seem to be rainy when everything is falling apart??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't occur to me 'til now but I don't think I've ever been in a taxi nor an Uber.
    Yeah, prayers that the mother doesn't take advantage of others kindness. And may the child always be protected. It's wicked to harm an innocent.
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all with work out for that little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to see you in the Hodgepodge today. I went back and read about your son-in-law's brother and am so very sorry for that loss. I am especially sorry for his daughter and for all the complicated family dynamics there seem to be. I will pray for peace and a good outcome that serves her best interests. It all sounds incredibly hard. How is your son-in-law? Wishing you the joy that Easter brings in the middle of this very messy world. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sad situation with your s-i-l's brother's daughter. I'm glad she won't be sent to foster care, though! I forgot about Dirty Dancing! Stacy, I enjoyed my visit here today and will also keep the family in my prayers for the best outcomes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that situation is heartbreaking..hopefully it all works out for the best

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...