Thanks goes to our host, Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World" for today's meme. Welcome to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
Fewer than 5000 questions
1. Who do you take for granted? I hope no one, but in all honesty, probably the people who are in the background of my life keeping things running smoothly...the mailperson, the garbage men, utility workers, cashiers, etc. I am polite and even friendly with them, but most of the time I do just assume they're going to be there doing their job.
3. Do you wear a hat? Only in the winter. If I'm shoveling snow. In a blizzard.
4. Who's your favorite cartoon character? Oh boy...I loved Looney Toons and Scooby-Do when I was a kid. Nickelodeon was just getting going when my kids were growing up and I loved Rocko's Modern Life and now that I'm watching a new generation of toons with my grandchildren I find that I really like the Puppy Dog Pals and Disney's new crop of strong princesses...Moana, Elsa and Anna, Rapunzel, and most recently, Mirabelle of Encanto.
5. Does break dancing impress you? That they can do what they do physically, yes, that impresses me. It's not a style of dance I particularly enjoy watching, but dancers are such amazing athletes.
6. Are you a miracle? I am and so are you. We are all miracles!
7. Have you ever eaten tofu? Yes, and I am not particularly a fan.
8. Does the moon have an effect on your mood? I don't think it affects my mood, particularly, but I know from driving a school bus and working in the memory care unit of a nursing home, it definitely affects some people. I'm sure most healthcare workers, teachers, and such would agree. It makes sense to me. The moon's pull affects the ocean tides so I don't see why it wouldn't do anything to us when we're supposed to be something like 75% water.
9. Many people will say that the Harry Potter books are pure fluff with no literary value. Do you agree? Absolutely not! I'm all for any book (unless it's absolute filth) that encourages children to read.
10. What are you doing next Wednesday? Possibly having dinner with some girlfriends to "celebrate" one's divorce going through.
11. Why do so many people think Elvis is still alive? Bigfoot and the aliens are spreading rumors?
12. Are your hands cold? Not at the moment. It was 90 degrees today (Saturday). Ask me in January and they will be like blocks of ice.
13. Have you ever given blood? Yes, a couple of times, but the last time it went so slowly that they told me I probably shouldn't bother doing so again.
14. What SCI-fi books do you read? None. It's not a genre I particularly like.
15. Have you ever belonged to a sorority or a fraternity? Yes. I joined Kappa Delta Sorority in college.