Friday, June 17, 2022

Likes & Dislikes (and Friday Photos)

Things I like...

- Used book sales! I went to one with Mom last weekend. I'm going to one with a friend from high school today. Tomorrow is the one at our local library.

- Rubber chore boots and clogs. Best things ever for slipping on my feet to walk over to our daughter's home through the often soggy (because it's more yard than road) alley behind our houses.

- Cool things in the sky. I got these photos of the sky last night.





Before the cool clouds, there was this cool (yet weird) color to the sky and air. I didn't get out to take photos of that. This is one my daughter took. There is no filter used. It really looked like this.


- Cucumbers. I could eat them till the cows come home.

- Seeing lots of bees this summer. They had been conspicuously missing for quite a few years.

- Leftovers for breakfast. I'd rather eat "breakfast food" later in the day.

- Cozy mysteries that include recipes. Some are way too complicated, but I've found some keepers.

- Ozark Mountain insulated cups from Walmart. They work as well as, if not better than Yeti and for a fraction of the price.

- Blueberry Muffin flavored Kit-Kat bars. Sooooo yummy!


Things I don't like...

- The cat won't stay off the kitchen island and knocks anything sitting on it off onto the floor, then bats it around until I have to fish it out from under something.

- Super-duper high heat and humidity.

- Hearing bad news. A pastor we've known for years had a major heart attack last week. The surgery to put a stent in the blocked artery that caused it went well, but he has never woke up from it. Yesterday his son shared that testing has shown extensive brain damage. The doctors don't expect that he will ever wake up. He is a couple of years younger than me.

- The current economy.

- Feeling like you can't trust the government or the media to tell you the straight truth.

- Pouring money into our 401K so we don't owe the IRS at the end of the year, but knowing that right now, that money is pretty much evaporating.

- Black licorice (but Mom bought Key Lime Pie, filled Twizzlers the other day...they are da bomb!)

- When my faith isn't what it should be on a matter.

- Saying goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Crazy sky photos!! Wow! I'll take your licorice, Stacy, and you can have anything lime from me!! LOL I enjoyed your post and wish you a happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure got some great photos of the sky and clouds. I'm with you - used books sales are the best! So sorry to hear about your pastor. Bad news like that is very tough. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...