Thursday, June 16, 2022

A Hot, Sleepy, Thankful Thursday

Hi! I'm linking up today with blogging pal, Rebecca Jo over at Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.

This week finds me thankful...

** I get to spend a morning with my granddaughter. Her mommy called at 12:00 last night saying Leah was hysterical and crying for me. I had her come over and sleep with me. (Sleep being a slight exaggeration since she didn't fall asleep until 1:30 or a little later and woke up before 6:30.) I slept less than she did because she was super-duper restless...even for her. But we've had a nice morning watching Frozen II and eating pancakes. (Please excuse any typing mistakes in this post. I probably nodded off.)

** For air conditioning! I've said it before and I'll say it again. Temperatures are hovering in the 90's with the heat index into the 100's. Yes, indeed, I do unashamedly LOVE me some air conditioning.

** My "baby" girl got a job! She is jumping through all the necessary hoops right now and has to go through training next week, then she'll be working 3-4 evenings a week at local nursing home.

** I am also wanting to find a job to help out with this crazy inflation going on and one of the places I'm planning to apply is the nursing home my girl is going to be working at. But what I am thankful about is that I can put it off another week so I'm available to keep Colton and Leah next week while she trains. The kids' other grandparents are not in any emotional shape to take that on. They are still reeling from the death of their eldest son, they are not getting along well, and yesterday, on her birthday, our son-in-law's mother learned her mother's cancer is back. So, yeah, I'm glad I can be there when needed.

** For getting a long needed job finished. I finally finished going through everything in my office today. I organized all my greeting cards, putting them into clear zip-lock bags by category; rounded up all the old, out of date electronics and cords to donate; tossed boxes and bags that were emptied; kept two copies of the photo CD our son and his wife gave as favors at their wedding, gave a copy to our daughter, and my mom took two copies...the rest I tossed (I shouldn't need 15 of them after all these years); went through a huge stack of photos (gave up and tossed them into a large box already full of photos to sort later); took a big stack of note pads over to my daughter's house for the kids to write on; and cleared off my desk.

** We've left the bedroom door open the last three nights and the cat leaves us alone! However, when Tim gets up he has to pull the door shut then or I will be awakened by a cat landing on my head.

** I got to visit with an old friend from school when she dropped off some books for the book sale.

** Aldi's had frozen root beer float push ups. So yummy!

** Also yummy, I found my popsicle molds and made my Nana's special summer treat...fruit cocktail popsicles. They are just as good as I remember.

** A bag of really nice books from the sale Mom and I went to on Saturday. My favorite finds...probably the nice copies of The Black Stallion and The Black Stallion Returns. I loved that series when I was a kid (yes, I was one of those horse-y girls) and I am hoping maybe Leah will grow up to be a reader. I don't think it's going to happen with Colt. Our older granddaughter is a reader, but as you know, we don't get to see her so I can't share. I hope that changes one day or that Leah will be a reader...otherwise I've saved and collected all my favorite books from my childhood for nothing.

** The yummy, homemade strawberry-rhubarb preserves my mom made and gifted me. My favorite!

** And last, but not least, I am thankful, just as I always am for each one of you!


6 comments:

  1. Good morning! Hopefully you both can sneak in an afternoon nap?? Glad you had some snuggle time this morning. I swear you and I are the same person! I am doing the exact same thing these days ~ sorting and organizing. So many photos!! So happy your daughter found a position, and what a wonderful place to work, as I am sure they are in need of her!! It is ridiculously hot up here too. Supposed to have some strong storms later. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Air conditioning seems to be on everybody's list today! :)
    I always feel so much better after I've organized and cleaned out! Stay cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy. Amen for being thankful for air conditioning when the temperatures sore. I am glad to hear that your daughter got a job and I am sure you will be able to get something soon as well. Good for your for getting so organized. That is on my summer "to do" list as well. It's such a blessing that you have your two youngest grandchildren in your life. I hope you have a good weekend. I will join with Thankful Thursday a little later today. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list Stacy. I'm thankful for AC too as we're having about the same kind of weather. It's absolutely horrible. Love you got everything organized. That's what I need to do to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing that you are right next door to your daughter and those little ones. Lucky kids, for sure!! Getting your office organized has to feel good. Congrats! And yes to AC!! God bless the person who discovered a way to cool our homes, our cars, and businesses!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is that though that you were so needed. That's precious - even though I'm sure its not TOO precious when you get late night phone calls - LOL
    Ricky has been all about Root Beer floats the past week in this heat

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...