Saturday, June 18, 2022

Sunday Stealing

I'm taking a chance and answering the Sunday Stealing questions on Saturday evening with the hope I'll be able to get around and visit everyone before tomorrow is completely over. I don't really know how the day will play out, though, as I'm having the family over and making dinner in honor of Father's Day.

Thanks to Bev for taking the time each week, even on holidays, to find questions for us to answer.

Stolen from Danielle Selander

1. If you could live in a house shaped like anything what would it be?  Sometimes I think a dome house would be pretty neat, but on the whole, I think I'd just like my house to be...house shaped. Round would present a lot of decorating challenges, I think.

2. What do you think is in outer space?  Planets, stars, meteors, galaxies and most likely some type of life.

3. Where is the most wonderful place you’ve ever been?  My most favorite place in the world is Chincoteague Island, VA, but I have to admit that the place that left me in jaw-dropping awe the first time I saw it was....Disney World. Not today's Disney World, but Disney World/Epcot of 1984. Disney World was still relatively young at that point and Epcot was just a couple of years old. I remember being right at the rope when the park opened waiting to be let in and I was as giddy and excited as any of the little kids around me.

4. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?  Nothing special, just relax and do what I want to do without constant interruptions from our daughter and grandkids.

5. What is the worst smell in the world?  The inside of a hoarder's house.

6. If you could, what animal would you be?  Someone's pampered pet pooch.

7. What is the greatest thing ever invented?  I'm going to say the internet, though it may also be the worst thing ever invented as well. It is definitely a double-edged sword and it's value or cursedness lies in how you use it. Either way, it opened up the whole world to everyone.

8. What is your favorite word? Why?  Shenanigans. Why? It's just fun to say.

9. Who is someone in history that you’d like to be friends with? Why?  Teddy Roosevelt. I can't think of anyone else who lived or seemed to live every day, every moment fully engaged, pedal to the metal, and all-in. He seems to have loved everything thing about life, every minute of life, and never lost his sense of wonder and adventure. 

10. If your pet could talk, what would it say?  If Daisy could talk she'd say, "I love you, Mom. You're my whole world. I don't ever want to be away from you and....SQUIRREL!!!!" Jasper would say, "You bore me, human. Feed me."

11. Were there dinosaurs on Noah’s ark?  There must have been some smaller ones included since we have animals alive today that are not much changed from the dinosaurs. Others like alligators/crocs and sharks could have survived in the flood waters, I suppose. But even given the size of the ark there's no way the really big fellows could have fit.

12. What makes you cry?  Most often it's something emotional at church. After that it would be things that hurt those I love and death. Other than that, not much. I am not really a crier.

13. Have you ever played a joke on someone? What was it?  I'm sure I did when I was younger, but I couldn't tell you what it was. I'm drawing a blank tonight.

14. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?  Accept that our son did not want us (or any of his family) to be part of his life.

15. What is the most important appliance in your house?  Right now it's the air conditioner!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I also think that Teddy Roosevelt was a very interesting man. Again, my answers are very similar to yours, except that I have never been to the Epcot Center or Disney World in Florida - only Disneyland in Anaheim. #14 is so sad and so difficult to deal with, and as you know we are dealing with the same thing. So sad but God is still in charge and knows of the heartbreak. I hope you have a good Sabbath tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your son not wanting you in his life. Sorry you don't get much me time. My kids always check with our schedules. Our grands are older than yours, so not as tiring. They grow so fast, so enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #14---It's hard for me to accept that my parents feel that same way about me. ANYWAYS---keeping in prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve got me imagining Teddy Roosevelt having a bully of a time at an amusement park like Disney World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy. Some were harder for me to answer so I reverted to silly. Wishing you a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree on the air conditioner! It is so hot here. I'm so sorry about your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I TOTALLY agree with your answer about the Internet!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...