Monday, September 19, 2022

Tuesday 4: Autumn Trip!

Let''s plan a lovely vacation through New England to see the Autumn leaves..  Money is no object and we have all the time we would like.

1. How many days and nights would you like to be away?  Two weeks would do nicely, I think. With a week you are just getting relaxed and into the swing of things and it's time to go home. Longer than two weeks is just too long to be away from "real" life and those you love.

2. What kind of car would you like to take on this trip? Maybe you would enjoy the train? Would you sail up the coast in a yacht?  It would be nice to take a car because then you could stop whenever and wherever you felt like it, but I just might choose to travel up the coast on a ship. We did that in the summer of 2019 and I loved it. The cruise line offers the same cruise in the fall, too, and I said then that I would love to do that. 

3. Would side trips be on your agenda? Perhaps to Mystic, Connecticut, Salem, Massachusetts, Plimouth, (yes, they spelled it with an "i" ) Massachusetts, Walden Pond, Lizzie Borden's home or maybe the home of  Emily Dickenson, etc.  Oh, there would be so many side trips if it was up to me! Salem would be on my list as would Plimouth or Plymouth, because I am descended from John and Priscilla Alden and have always wanted to visit there. I would also like to visit Braintree, Massachusetts where many of my ancestors lived and are buried. Boston would be a stop because on the cruise we stopped there, but not for nearly long enough. There's so much I want to see there. I'd also want to stop in Portland, Maine. I had no idea it was such a literary town until the cruise.

4. Lobster roll, chowders, boiled dinners, brown bread, baked beans, pancakes with real maple syrup, blueberry muffins, Parker House Rolls (well loved by Charles Dickens, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, the Kennedy clan.), Toll House Cookies, Red Flannel Hash, Tourtiere  pork pie, (Recipe here)— what native foods catch your attention?  Sign me up for all the seafood! Lobster, crab, shrimp, clams....any way you want to prepare them works for me. Except raw oysters. I draw the line there. I'd have Toll House Cookies for dessert. They are my favorite and I make them fairly often as my family all loves them, too.

Well, I went ahead and joined in the fun (you can join in here). I'll try, but I can't promise I'll get to visit all of you. As of the time of this posting, Blogger is still up to its tricks and I can't view half of the blogs on my list. I haven't tried others not on my list so I don't know if it is just a thing with the list or some blogs in general. It seems to be a widespread problem affecting lots of bloggers so I'm hoping Blogger will soon figure it out and correct it.

**UPDATE**  Tah-dah! Blogger has magically fixed the issue. I can see everyone again.

9 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds like fun too. And yes, try all the local food you can...seafood, lobstah!, Chowdah! I wish we could go up there again, maybe next year. I miss our annual trips to Maine to see our family there...that was the best attraction of all, but the scenery was the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do seafood, but it doesn't like me. A few weeks is perfect for a vacation! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to Salem during Halloween...my daughter did & she said it was just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I hope I can see everyone again too. So far, so good! I like Toll House cookies too and in fact, I like to make them into bars and sprinkle powder sugar over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray to everyone being visible!! I'm with you on the car and all the side trips! A fun Tuesday 4! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, sorry you were having trouble with blogger. I probably was too and just wasn't on blogger.
    We would definitely want to drive a lot and I would like to take a train for some of the travel. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have planned a wonderful trip planned with a great personal/family connection too. This kind of trip is always so meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your history is so cool. I hope yo u get to visit those places to see your ancestors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. loved your answers. Last year I tried raw oysters for the first time in honor of my dad who had recently passed away....I won't be eating them again probably but give me all the other seafood.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...