Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Currently

I am... 

Reading... The Silence of the Library, book 5 in the Cat in the Stacks series by Miranda James, which is yet another cozy mystery featuring a librarian and his (yes, a male librarian!) cat. I'm also working on Ruth Chou Simons' book When Strivings Cease because my church is starting a book club for women. We're reading the book independently and then will meet on a Friday night in November to discuss it.

Watching... I couldn't really find anything that interested me tonight so I am sort of watching Hoarding: Buried Alive on Discovery+.

Listening to... I've been on a Billy Joel kick.

Loving... having several days of peace and quiet and time completely to myself this week while our daughter and her family are on vacation. With all her health problems last week and me having to pretty much take on all her mom duties, it was really hectic and I was worn out. I'm really not doing much of anything...reading, a little thrifting, Bible study group, journaling, chatting on the phone with friends, wasting time on the laptop, and watching movies. It's nice.

Thinking... about all the things coming up in the next couple of weeks. My small group meeting every Thursday; taking my client, Angel, out on Friday; an auction with Mom on Saturday; working in the church nursery on Sunday; our daughter's MRI on Wednesday; a nephew from Alabama will be in town next week with his family; and, hopefully, a trip to see my dad at some point.

Also about my cat, Jasper. He has been in hiding since our daughter's dog came to stay with us Sunday afternoon. I know where he is, but unless he's coming out at night...I don't think he's eaten or drank anything. I don't think he's been to the litter box, either...again, unless he's using it at night. I haven't found any nasty surprises so I'm hoping there aren't any. I just hate how stressed he must be and Abby will be here until Thursday evening or Friday.

Feeling... concerned about our niece, the mother of the boy who recently had the bone marrow/stem cell transplant. She asked for prayer for herself today. She is feeling extremely overwhelmed. She and her son have been at the hospital for 2 months with only 2 one-day visits from her husband and other son (they live a 4 hour drive away so it isn't an easy thing). Visits from other family are allowed, but difficult. She is feeling isolated and overwhelmed by all of the pills and liquid meds she has to get her son to take each day...and he is apparently fighting, really FIGHTING, her on everything. Now she has to learn how to take care of the IV lines. She's trying to do her job remotely from his hospital room. They have a small apartment at the Ronald McDonald House that she can go to for a break, to shower, etc., but her son freaks if she is gone too long so any "breaks" are rushed and short. She isn't getting a lot of sleep. The boy may be released to move to the Ronald McDonald House this week or next. I hope the change of scenery will do both of them some good.

Celebrating... after tomorrow cooler days are coming. Daytime temps will be in the 60's for at least a week. The nights will be in the 40's. Yes! It's fall!

Grateful... the antibiotics seem to be working to clear up our daughter's Lyme disease symptoms. She is feeling a good bit better.

Some funnies to get you over the hump...





























5 comments:

  1. The funnies made me smile this morning. Glad you are having a peace week and that meds your daughter is taking seem to be working. Prayers for your niece and her son. Her situation reminds me of when my grandson was battling brain cancer six years ago and I lived with his mom in Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia to out. Sounds like you have a lot coming up so I hope everything goes well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'm concentrating on the wrong thing again, but I have a suggestion to help with Jaspar. Can you put him, his water and his box in a room, all alone? Maybe include his carrier with the door open. Being in a small, confined space that he can see all at once, and can reassure himself he's the only animal, might chill him out. And he should drink, so that will help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers lifting for your niece! I can't imagine feeling so overwhelmed. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying a bit of respite from so much responsibility. These memes are hysterical; in fact, I'm 'borrowing' the vegetable hospice. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the antibiotics are helping!!!!
    I always like watching Hoarding because it really lights my fire to clean my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the giggles at the end! Glad your daughter and fam got away and she is doing better! I always enjoy my visits here with you, Stacy! Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...