Saturday, October 1, 2022

October Blog Challenge: Day 1

I'm joining Kwizgiver this month in her October Challenge. Each day this month there is a prompt of something to post. Here's the list in case you'd like to join in.

Today's Prompt:  Share your best soup recipe.

Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
  • 1 cup onion diced
  • 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, garlic
  • 2 cups green peppers and/or red peppers chopped
  • 15 oz tomato sauce
  • 3 cup beef broth
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 cup cooked rice

Instructions

  • Brown your beef with your onion in a skillet over medium heat.
  • Drain your beef and onions and place in your 6-quart slow cooker.
  • Add your tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

 

8 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Now I'm wondering what Keto-friendly something or another I could substitute for the rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH how yummy is that, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound really good. For some reason, however, my tummy isn't tolerating green peppers much anymore so I am avoiding them. I used to eat them whole. Comes with aging process the doctor says. Thanks a lot you young whippersnapper says I! Anyway, this still sounds really good. Maybe I could just taste a little bit of it? Thank you! LOL>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup sounds delicious, Stacy!! Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to each new prompt!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...