Wednesday, October 19, 2022

October Blog Challenge: Day 19

Today's prompt:  Share a quote to live by. Why did you pick this particular quote?

"The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with[d] every secret thing, whether good or evil."  -Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

I chose this quote because I am currently studying Ecclesiastes in my small group and this particular verse really sums up all that Solomon was trying to teach his son. To live in reverence of God and obey the precepts that he has set forth is really all the Christian life boils down to. Once you have confessed your sins and need of a Savior and have accepted the gift of mercy and grace that is offered, this is what it all boils down to. Love God, love others, do what is right.

4 comments:

  1. Amen!! Wonderful verse!! It really does help make better sense of all that Solomon was saying throughout that book! Thank you for sharing it with us. I'm not sure I've paid close enough attention to the "end of the matter" in Ecclesiastes! LOL. We usually just remember the section about there being a time for everything...(chapter 3). LOL. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tried to do one other study of Ecclesiastes and I gave it up. The teacher was just awful and bored everyone to tears. I am loving it being taught by someone with a true gift for teaching and a heart for the Lord.

      Delete
  2. Amen. I completely agree with King Solomon!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...