Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thankful Thursday

Brrr...it's a cold one out there this morning! Crazy that by the weekend the weather will be sunny and 72 degrees. I guess it's not quite time to switch out the summer clothes for the winter ones. But it's coming soon. I think this next little stretch will be our official "Indian summer." 

I don't know who will be hosting today so I'm linking to both Rebecca Jo and Jen.

This week I am thankful...

** I got to break out my fuzzy socks!


** The new season of Expedition Unknown is on and it's about King Tut. Like, the whole season! Be still my nerdy little heart.

** I got to wear some of my sweaters. (I'm a sweater girl from way back.)

** Our daughter got a job and found out what it was really like on her first day and quit (we advised her to). The other aides she worked with were truly foul and crude even around the residents and their families, she is sure one was stealing drugs from the med cart. There were other things, but yeah, she doesn't need to be there. Plus, it was kind of far away. She is applying at an assisted living place closer to home today.

** I have a job interview with the county's Blind Association on Monday. They run a workplace for disabled adults. They mainly shred documents but also do some other things. I'm interviewing to be...well, I guess I don't know what the position is called, but I'd be supervising them, making sure they don't run out of materials, keeping the floor clean, assisting with meals, and some personal care if they need it. It's full-time, but all daylight and Monday through Friday. No weekends and no holidays. 

I've also applied for a part-time activities position at a nursing home and a part-time receptionist job, also at a nursing home. I kind of like the part-time thing, but anything in a nursing home is going to require some evenings, weekends, and holidays. I kind of really don't like that, but you do what you have to do.

** I got the closet in my office cleaned out and organized and a bunch of stuff out of the middle of the room. Yay!

** the tooth with the cracked root (already has a crown and root canal) is hanging in there even though it's been wiggly for about 3 weeks now. I thought it was going to come out yesterday, but I pushed it back in and it seems to be staying. The crack is below the bone line of my jaw so it can't be fixed. We're trying to nurse it until the dentist's office hears back from my insurance about what they will cover (implants, bridge, or partial) and how much they will cover so I can make a choice.

** I had to pick up both kids from school yesterday so they were with us for supper and we decided to have breakfast...pancakes and bacon. It's one of their favorite meals and we had a good time together.

** sharing pumpkin donut holes and apple cider with the kids after school and hearing about their day.

** my husband is still a romantic (maybe not quite as often as he used to be) and I woke up Monday to find little love notes all over the place...on the microwave, the window over the kitchen sink, in the refrigerator, on the backdoor, in my book, and on the laptop screen. It made me smile all day.

** some of the ladies from church got together last Friday evening to discuss a book we'd all read. Everyone brought some kind of food and it was such a good time of fellowship, enjoying the food, and talking about the book. We enjoyed it so much we've decided we need to do it every six months or so.

** my laptop is hanging in there and limping along.

** for my family, my friends, and my always growing relationship with the Lord.

** and, of course, for all of you!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. A lot going on there in your neck of the woods! LOL. Praying for your daughter to get a better job than that one. And also for you to get something that you will enjoy! Praying for your tooth to "hang in there" until things get worked out. Love the love notes blessing...that was really sweet. You have a wonderful list of things to be thankful for. We are thankful for YOU too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope her next job will be a good one. That one sounded awful and I'm glad she chose not to stay. Hope the tooth holds out for you. Glad you had that evening with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ** The new season of Expedition Unknown is on and it's about King Tut. Like, the whole season! Be still my nerdy little heart. I LOVE King Tut stuff so will be checking this out!! Sorry your daughter got hired into that nasty place. Good grief! Wishing you good luck with whichever job you feel most comfortable with! Good for Tim, making you smile all day with his sweet notes! Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...