Sunday, November 6, 2022

Currently

I am...

Reading...The Bookstore on the Beach by Brenda Novak. Kind of the wrong time of year for a beach read, but I just picked it up at Walmart a couple of weeks ago. And hey, with temperatures in the 70's in November it's not really feeling like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Watching...my first Hallmark Christmas movie of the season. Trying to get my mind wrapped around the holiday season. If Hallmark can't get me there, I am beyond hope.

Thankful for...a nice weekend. I took Angel out on Saturday morning. It was good to see her. I usually try to see her at least twice a month, but she was visiting family in Texas for most of October. She had a good time and gave me a cross she made out of driftwood. My daughter and granddaughter tagged along and we had a fun girls' morning.

Saturday afternoon a friend from high school took me to Crumpet's, our local tea shop, and treated me to a lovely afternoon of conversation lingering over a pot of pumpkin spice tea and sharing savory chicken salad crumpets followed by sweet cookie butter topped crumpets. We might have browsed in a few shops, too. I didn't buy anything but some pineapple tea.

We got pizza for supper and our son-in-law and grandchildren came over for a bit since our daughter was working. Poor Colton is not feeling well again. 

Today (Sunday) I went to church where we celebrated that it was the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church by watching videos of missionaries who have been martyred or persecuted, learning about the persecution in some of the worst countries, and broke into small groups to pray. The accompanying songs were perfect and it was a very moving and informative service. Oh, I got tagged to MC the women's Christmas tea next month.

The grandchildren were here in the afternoon. Colton still isn't feeling well and will most likely have to miss school again tomorrow. So, it was a low-key time of lounging on the sofa watching movies.

After the kids left I went to Med-Express to have my TB test checked and get my physical for work. I had to sit there for an hour, because I just might be the first person in the history of ever to have the timing of their test affected by the time change. You have to wait at least 48 hours and no more than 72 hours after the injection to have it checked and I went for the 48 hours, but with turning the clocks back...it was only 47 hours!

Tim isn't feeling well today, either, so I had to pick him up some cold medicine on my way home. I also stopped by KFC and picked up their Famous Bowls for dinner.

Hopeful...my new boots will at least make my foot pain bearable at work. Tim got the same boots and said his feet felt a lot better yesterday.

Loving...the coziness of this time of year!

Thinking about...Thanksgiving dinner. I haven't hosted for several years now. Mom had been hosting and then when our daughter's family bought the house next door we began gathering there. I've done all the cooking and taken it to our daughter's, but she will most likely be working so we decided to just have dinner here since I have the new table and all. For some reason I want it to be a very special dinner this year. I guess with our son not having anything to do with us and Mom and John getting older, I'm just more conscious of the fact that tomorrow isn't guaranteed and the need to be thankful for and appreciate today to the fullest.

Feeling...happy, content, fulfilled.

A couple of giggles about the time change...
















Have a great week, everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon. It's that time of year when sickness abounds. I'm with you - I don't like the time change at all. I hope you have a good week, with many blessings! See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for voting for which candidate stops the insanity of time changes!! LOL I enjoyed your post. Sure hope Colton and Tim aren't sick for too long. Get better, boys!! I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year. So far I have six folks coming with a couple more possible. Makes me happy!! Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the funnies at the bottom, especially the blanket one. Hope all will be feeling better at your house soon. Hubby and I have been fighting sinuses and not feeling the best on this trip. But we are still getting out during the day and mostly spending the evenings and early mornings in relaxing and resting. It's all good. Hope your new boots will make a big difference Stacy!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...