Friday, November 4, 2022

Saturday 9: New Attitude

Saturday 9: New Attitude (1984)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Patti Labelle sings that she feels good from her hat to her shoes. Do you often wear hats or caps?  Very rarely. Usually only when I'm mowing grass in the summer and it's always a ball cap with my ponytail pulled through the back.
 
2) The lyrics tell us that Patti's worries are few. Is anything particular bothering you as you answer these questions?  Not really. Life is pretty good.
 
3) The video for this song takes place in a high-end boutique. What's the most recent article of new clothing you bought, and where did you buy it?  Ha! I just bought a pair of Timberland Pro workboots tonight (Friday) at M&M Leathers, which is a motorcycle shop. I bought men's rather than women's so there is a lot more room in the toe box. The soles feel great, really cushiony. I'm hoping they will prove to be a big help with the pain my new job causes me. I love working with the developmentally disabled and the work is fun and keeps you busy all day so the time passes quickly, but man, do my feet HURT at the end of the day!

4) In 2019, a street in Philadelphia was renamed "Patti LaBelle Way." At the ceremony, she was referred to as "The Godmother of Soul." Do you have godparents? If yes, tell us about them.  I don't have any. It's not something the church I grew up in believed in.
 
5) Patti dropped out of high school during her senior year. When she was in her mid-30s, she went to night school and earned her diploma. Do you have any diplomas or certificates framed and displayed in your home or office?  No. I don't really go for that. I'd rather have pretty paintings or something on the walls.
 
6) Patti was once engaged to Otis Williams, founder of the Motown super group The Temptations. Who is your favorite Motown recording artist? (Here is a list.)  It's probably a tie between the Commodores and Lionel Ritchie as a solo artist.
 
7) A diabetic herself, Patti has volunteered her time to organizations that fight the disease. Do you know anyone currently dealing with diabetes?  Quite a few someones, actually.
 
8) In 1984, when this song was popular, Angela Lansbury premiered in Murder, She Wrote, a show still seen in reruns today. Were you a fan?  I did like it back in the day.

9) Random question: What's your secret to a good night's sleep?  Being really tired and then taking Tylenol PM before bed. 

Thanks as always to Sam for the music and questions.
Play along here.

11 comments:

  1. I am glad you found some comfortable work boots for your new job. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a comfortable shoe is a must. I have always been more for comfort than style. I had to stop taking meds. before bed because of acid reflux. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the new boots do the trick for you. I never would have thought of boots being comfortable, but being a Florida girl we don't have many opportunities for wearing them here. I did recently buy a little pair of black ankle high boots to go with the long skirt I wore for that tea party that was 1800's style, and was actually surprised at how comfy they are. I have been wearing them to church with black slacks that are a little shorter than what I was accustomed to before. So I guess I am learning about boots too. I hope you enjoy your new job. I take a 1/2 benadryl and either a tylenol or ibuprofen at bedtime, and it gets me to sleep but I often wake up around 3 a.m. and can't get back to sleep until about the time to wake up. LOL. Good thing I'm retired! I enjoyed your answers. I hope you have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked with the developmentally disabled before I started working in schools. It was a fun job for sure. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My summer job in high school at a warehouse and it was very hard on the feet walking concrete all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men's shoes are better made than most women's shoes, IMHO. Good choice. I see we both chose the same Motown. Why does that not surprise me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do always seem to think a lot alike on certain things.

      Delete
  7. When I was a tech writer at Corning Glass, I had to have steel-toed boots. And men's were always more comfortable. Just hard to find because my feet are small!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel weird hanging my diplomas on the wall. I'm not even really sure where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope those shoes will really help your feet and I'm glad to hear you love your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tylenol PM does work well and I do use it now and then. Those work boots sound great, Stacy! With my big size 12 wide feet, I buy men's shoes now and then. A lot of them are unisex looking, less expensive, better made, and more comfortable. Good choice!! No God parents required in the Methodist church either. Hope your day has been good!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...