1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets? It depends. I usually am if it's a fun secret or a harmless one. I admit I wrestle with myself when it's something I feel might be harmful or hurtful.
2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books? Not really. I don't really like horror. I have seen Cujo and Misery. I've also read Misery and one other of his books that was about twin brothers. That's it. My son, on the other hand, is a huge fan and has probably read and seen everything the man has ever written.
3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases? Nope. I don't use credit cards unless I have no other option.
4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping? I've picked up a few small things for the grands, but no, I haven't really done any shopping. I don't have a lot of ideas this year.
5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind? It's part in the birth of our country, but other than that, I'm sorry to say I don't really have good thoughts about the city. My grandfather's family was from there and they had all left by the mid-80's because of crime.
6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year? Based on everyone's comments it was a toss up between the turkey, the stuffing, and the mashed potatoes.
7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football. Did you watch any games? Not even one.
8) What are you thankful for this year? Oh gosh, what am I not thankful for?! Good health, my job, my family, my friends, my faith, and having more than enough.
9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which do you choose? It depends on the condition of both. I will choose the one that has the least "yuck" factor going on.
Thanks to Crazy Sam for the music and questions!
Join in the fun here.