Thursday, November 17, 2022

Thankful Thursday


Well, here we are on the Thankful Thursday before the big kahuna of Thankful Thursdays and, as always, I have so much to be thankful for. So let's get on with it!

This week I am thankful...

First and foremost, for my husband and the life we have together. Today is our 38th anniversary. I've spent all of my adult life with him and can't imagine life without him.


Things are going well at my job. I am learning the ins and outs and getting the hang of it. I love the people in the program (called "consumers") and they seem to like me. They are so sweet and loving.

My feet, on the days I work in the shredding department, continue to leave me in severe pain, but I'm managing. I got a break this week and only have to work in shredding one day. I am beyond thankful about that! I have an appointment to see a podiatrist after work today. I am hoping he will be able to help me.

My boy, Jasper, is adapting to his new home at our daughter's house. It seems so quiet here without him and I do miss him, but he was bored and not happy at all so it will be better for him. I have stayed away so he has time to adjust, but maybe I'll try to visit him this weekend.

A surprise snow/sleet storm on Tuesday afternoon, just as work was letting out didn't cause too many problems as the ground is not yet frozen. It all melted pretty quickly. There was some slush on the roads, however, and I did have to sit in traffic on the way home because of an accident. I'm glad not to have had any other trouble.

The cold I had last week was short-lived. Only a day and a half of feeling awful and then another two or three of mild congestion.

For cozy evenings snuggled up on the sofa watching Hallmark Christmas movies now that it's dark and the cold weather has finally arrived. 

Our daughter continues to love and thrive at her new job. She is technically part-time, but has been picking up all kinds of extra hours when her husband's work schedule (or mine) allows it. Praying all her hard work will soon bring them some breathing room financially.

Our great-nephew continues to do well following his bone marrow transplant. He and Mom are living at the Ronald McDonald House (actually a high rise of efficiency apartments) these days. He only has to return to Children's Hospital for check ups and treatment when there is a problem (he's had some trouble fighting infection but recently got an infusion of white cells from his mom...hoping that will give him the boost he needs.

Tim's sister, who is fighting cancer (a tumor on her liver), got a port put in last week and is having a much easier time with her treatments now. Praying they work.

For everything the Lord brings to my life and my relationship with Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. I can't imagine facing this world without them.

For my family and friends and the layers of richness they bring to my life.

For all of you. Though I don't know most of you in person, you are like the cherry or the sprinkles on top...adding just a little extra something to life. And I thank you for continuing to visit me even though I haven't had much presence lately. I'm finding that throwing a full-time job in the mix has made my days a lot busier than I had expected and the hours after work just fly by.

6 comments:

  1. I am glad the job is going well. I am confident the podiatrist will be able to help with the foot pain. I have had a lot of that in my life. Not fun at all. Glad your daughter is doing well with her job job too. Two incomes came make a big differences in the finances. Amen to having a relationship with God. That helps me get through many problems and many dark days. Blogs, Blogging and lovely blogging friends are an added bonus in life. Have a great weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Stacy. I always enjoy reading your thankful posts. I'm so glad you and your daughter are loving your jobs. I hope you podiatrist will be able to help you out and give you relief from your pain. It's good to hear that your great-nephew is doing well and I prayed for your husband's sister. We too are enjoying the quiet evenings (here on vacation and soon at home) watching the Hallmark and Great American Family Christmas movies. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably a bizarre thing to notice--but what are the boots you are wearing in the photo? They look like what I've been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the new job is working out for you and for your daughter too. Oh, and Happy Anniversary!! 38 years is wonderful!!! What a blessing! Praying you have many more happy and healthy years together. Glad Jasper is settling into his new home. Hope that works out well for all of you! Enjoy the snow/sleet, etc. for us. We are pretty chilly here this week, but no snow in sight! It IS Florida, after all! LOL. Have a blessed weekend and Thanksgiving next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Amazing we're only a day apart in our anniversaries. I hope you had a good day. And I'm glad your cold went away so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo, and happy anniversary! I've decided to take my blog private for a number of reasons, but I do enjoy reading you and wanted to send you an invite if you'd like to continue to read mine. Shoot me an email at project19blog@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

I'm still taking a break from blogging (and enjoying it). I still haven't decided what I'm going to do in the end, but I'm c...