Saturday, December 31, 2022

Catching Up & The Last Song

Happy New Year's Eve to you all! The day just feels off all around here this year. It's 57 degrees outside, it's pouring down rain, and I'm on the sofa in my pj's, my blanket, and the Poodle because I've got another bug. Go me. Thankfully, it seems to be just a cold and nothing more serious this time.

This final week of 2022 has been fairly uneventful. Work went smoothly and nothing major is going on. I hope to be feeling better by tomorrow as we're supposed to go to my moml's for pork and sauerkraut and Monday we are supposed to have lasagna with them and go out to lunch with friends. 

I'm also hoping to get the Christmas tree down and pack up all the decorations between tomorrow and Monday. I like to have everything put away going into the new year, because I know if I wait till after I go back to work it will probably end up being a few weeks until they are put away.

For those who asked about Colton's finger, it is much better. Not completely back to normal, but definitely getting there.

And for those who asked about how Jasper is doing since he went to live at my daughter's house, I offer these photos.



He can't say he is bored now. Haha!

The laptop continues to limp along but it's so slow I rarely use it. That's why I haven't been posting much. There's just no such thing as a quick post these days. I hope to get a new one in the next couple of months.

Now on to the Saturday 9. Thanks as always to Sam for the music and questions.


Saturday 9: The Last Song (1972)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
This is the last Saturday 9 song of 2022. 
Thanks for another great year.

1) In this song, the lead singer admits 
he leaves the light on when he goes to sleep. Do you leave any lights on in your bedroom? Or do you prefer it completely dark? I don't leave any lights on because there is light from the alarm clock, the power strips, the Wi-fi tower, and if the bedroom door is open there is also ambient light from the clocks on the stove and microwave, as well as light from the street light across from us. Mostly it doesn't bother me, but every now and then I wish it was at least a little darker. I have a mask for those times.
 
2) He sings that he can't stop wondering where his old girlfriend is. Do you know whatever happened to any of your exes?  I only know where a couple of them are and mostly I am relieved to have "dodged a bullet."

3) He says this is the last song he'll ever sing to his girl. What's the last song you sang? Where were you when you sang it?  I couldn't tell you what song it was, but it was yesterday at work. We had an 80's rock playlist on and I was singing along (quietly) to most of them.
 
4) Edward Bear was a Canadian group who took their name from Winnie the Pooh. As written by A. A. Milne, Edward Bear was Pooh's "proper" name. Pooh's favorite food was honey. Is there a food you can't get enough of?  Shrimp, chicken and noodles, and really good pizza.
 
5) In 1972, when this song was popular, Disney's Winnie the Pooh was quite a celebrity in his own right, appearing on the cover the 1972 Sears Christmas Wish Book. That year, kids asked Santa for plush Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Did you have many plush toys as a child? If yes, do you still have any of them?  I had some, but I don't remember having a lot of them. I did have my Pooh Bear and Raggedy Ann and Andy until about 15 years ago when we got Elvis, the Beagle/Basset mix we used to have. As a puppy he chewed everything and he destroyed those three critters all in one day.

6) Enough about 1972! Let's look back on 2022. What's something you learned or rediscovered in 2022?  Maybe it's my cold-addled brain, but I can't think of anything right now.

7) Can you think of a moment in 2022 you'd like to do over?  Not really. It wasn't the worst year, but it was kind of a tough one.

8) What are you looking forward to most in 2023?  That fresh start mindset we all get with the new year's arrival. I really want to do a LOT better at living healthier, continue to get our finances back on track, and get out and do more.

9) Random question: Who received the last email you sent?  I have no idea. I rarely send email and those I receive are almost exclusively from retailers, spammers, and those who are phishing.

That's all for now so I'm off to check on the ham and bean soup that's simmering in the crockpot. 

13 comments:

  1. I am the same way about getting the Christmas things put away. I hate doing it, because they are so pretty, but if I wait, they will be up for a long time.
    #7...same here. Loved your answers! Have a very Happy New Year! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. (RAISING MY HAND) Yes, I asked about his finger. Yes, I'm always wondering about that wacky Jasper. Thanks for updating me.
    #7 -- Funny, you took that question to mean relive. I took it to mean redo/correct. I wonder if that says something profound about our personalities!
    Have a happy new year and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fighting that cold too. What a bummer to have it at this time of year. Well, any time really. Hope you recover quickly. Happy New Year to you! I'm with you about having an everything is new mindset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy. It is cold and rainy here today as well - kind of a dismal Christmas Eve all around. Josh left to go back to school this morning and knowing that the holidays are just about over, I was feeling a bit down. We got Chinese food for our New Year's Eve dinner and that helped put me back in a more festive frame of mind. Lots to do in the next couple of days since I go back to work on Tuesday. I think we will start taking the Christmas tree down tonight. I hope that you and your family have a good new year and that you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use candles that take batteries to light the bathroom at night. And tiny lamps in the kitchen at night. There is so much ambient light from security lights around and about that it's not truly dark here. Hope you feel much better very soon. Love that backdrop. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Ham and bean soup sounds really good. I hope you feel better soon Stacy and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw beans in my pantry and thought I needed to make some ham and bean soup later this week, but we are back in the 80s so maybe I will wait for the next cool spell. Sorry you have a cold. Seems to be going around. Rest and feel better! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at your Elvis response. Minnie chewed up my favorite flip flops and eyeglasses! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are feeling better. We had such a horrid Christmas that I took the decorations down Friday. I was ready for that to be out of here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Stacy! I'm sorry to hear you, too, are fighting this darn cold bug but hope you're feeling lots better this morning. Something about the idea of a new Fresh Slate gives me all the feels, you know? Your pork dinner sounds SO good. I'm sure black-eyed peas will be somehwere on our menu, but no clue what else. Tom would rather starve than swallow even a spoonful. Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! Yes, it is weirdly warm and rainy up here too. Sorry you have the bug. So much sickness everywhere! Hugs for a cozy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, you just got me at the ham and bean soup in the crock pot. I have several ham bones in the freezer that I have been intending to use to make bean soup. Maybe this is my cue to remember to do that in the near future! So sorry you are not feeling well again. praying it passes quickly. Praying for a happy and healthy New Year for you and yours! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...